|Full name||Wayne Ole Avei|
|Date of birth||13 June 1983|
|Place of birth||Wellington, New Zealand|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||114 kg (17 st 13 lb; 251 lb)|
|School||The Southport School|
|Notable relative(s)||Digby Ioane (uncle)|
|Rugby union career|
Avei began his professional career in 2005 with the Queensland Reds, making his first Super 14 debut in 2006, against the Chiefs in Hamilton. He then went on to play for Waikato in the Air New Zealand Cup in 2008, and in 2010, he signed in France with the Union Bordeaux Bègles for 2 years, recently extending his contract for a rare 5-year deal over offers from several top clubs, including current champions Stade Toulousain (Toulouse).
Avei made his International debut for Samoa in the 2011 Pacific Nations Cup, in the match against Japan on 2 July 2011. He was then selected in the 30 man squad to represent Samoa in the 2011 Rugby World Cup in New Zealand.
Avei married his longtime girlfriend of over 8 years, Angelina, on 29 June 2013 in Australia. They welcomed their baby girl Siena Eva Avei on 13 April 2014.
He will take part in his second world cup, haven been selected for the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
- 2005–08: Queensland Reds (Super 14)
- 2008–10: Waikato (NPC), Chiefs (WTG)
- 2010-Current: Union Bordeaux Begles (Pro D2 and Top 14)
- "Player Profile Super 14 debut". aru.rugby.com.au. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Samoan hooker Avei extends Bordeaux-Begles deal". tensport.com.au. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- "Pacific Nations Cup". irb.com. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Samoa Name Strong Squad". planetrugby.com. Retrieved 24 August 2011.