|Birth name||Oleg Mikhaylovich Gazmanov|
|Born||22 July 1951|
Gusev, Kaliningrad Oblast, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
|Genres||pop, pop folk, Russian chanson, Soft rock|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, composer, actor|
Oleg Mikhaylovich Gazmanov (Russian: Оле́г Миха́йлович Газма́нов; born 22 July 1951, in Gusev) is a Soviet and Russian singer, composer and poet, specializing in patriotic and nationalist songs, as well as songs which cover more conventional pop themes. Gazmanov is leader of pop group "Эскадрон" (Squadron). His songs have been covered by others in the Russian chanson style, such as Mikhail Shufutinsky. He is also a Candidate for Master of Sport of the USSR in gymnastics and is well known for his acrobatics performed during live shows, especially at the beginning of his musical career in the early 1990s.
On 18 March 2022, Gazmanov sang at Vladimir Putin's Moscow rally celebrating the annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation from Ukraine and justifying the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine. In April and May 2022, Gazmanov participated in a series of concerts organized in order to support the invasion.
In the nationalist song Сделан в СССР (Sdelan v SSSR) (en. Made in the U.S.S.R.), which was performed at the 2022 Moscow rally and released originally in 2005, Gazmanov glorifies the communist past of today's Russia while presenting Lenin and Stalin as national heroes, Furthermore, the song considers Ukraine, Moldova and the Baltic states along with many more sovereign countries as part of the same country.
In July 2014 Gazmanov was banned from entering Latvia by Latvia's foreign minister Edgars Rinkēvičs allegedly "through words and actions having contributed to the undermining of Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity".
Commenting on the Latvian Foreign Minister's decision, Gazmanov said, "This gesture right before the opening of the New Wave festival in Jurmala endangers the entire cultural and economic relations between our countries.".
- "Nikto krome nas"
- "Moi yasnye dni"
- "A Ya Devushek Lyublyu"
- "Na Zare"
- "Svezhyi Veter"
- "Edinstvennaya" (by Philipp Kirkorov)
- "Greshnyi put" (by Valery Leontiev)
- "Belyi sneg" (by Valery Leontiev)
- "Baltiyskiy Bereg"
- "Zabiray" (duet with Sofia Rotaru)
- "Vpered Rossiya"
- "Sdelan v SSSR"
- Candidate for Master of Sport of the USSR
- Meritorious Artist of Russia (1995)
- People's Artist of Russia (2002)
- Order of Honour (2006)
- "По приколу пошли, не всерьез". Meduza (in Russian). 18 March 2022.
- "Гастроли патриотов. Как кремлевские эксперты и шоу-бизнес зарабатывают на концертах "Za Россию"". BBC (in Russian). 11 May 2022.
- Lyrics of Сделан в СССР (Sdelan v SSSR) (English translation)
- "Russian Pop Stars Banned from Entering Latvia over Ukraine crisis". The Moscow Times. 21 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- Oleg Gasmanov is not going to the "New Wave 2014" Official website, July 21, 2014, at web.archive.org
- Ministry of Culture named Russians who threaten Ukraine's security, Ukrajinska Pravda, August 8, 2015 (Russian)
- Ukraine confirms "blacklist" for Russian artists, eurovision.de
- "Į Lietuvą neįleistas Sovietų Sąjungą šlovinantis ir šalyje nepageidaujamas Olegas Gazmanovas".
- "Canada sanctions Russian propagandists, singers, actors, musicians, and Wagner Group media". Retrieved 5 February 2023.
- Указ Президента Российской Федерации Б.Н. Ельцина от 25 апреля 1995 года № 411 «О присвоении почётных званий Российской Федерации». Archived 1 November 2014 at the Wayback Machine // poisk-zakona.ru
- Указ Президента Российской Федерации В. Путина от 19 июля 2001 года № 892 «О награждении государственными наградами Российской Федерации». Archived 17 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine // document.kremlin.ru