In 1976-1986, he studied in school №9 in the town of Pushkino, Moscow Oblast. . Between 1987-1989, he did his mandatory service in the Soviet Armed Forces. In 1993, he graduated from the Moscow State Forest University majoring in "chemical engineer". He worked as Deputy Head of Department for Relations with Public Authorities at Alfa-Bank. In 2000-2004, he was Deputy Chief of Territorial Administration of the President of the Russian Federation and in 2004 to 2006 he was deputy head of the Russian Presidential Administration for Domestic Policy. In November 2008, he became a member of the Supreme Council of United Russia party. On September 6, 2011, he was appointed as the representative of the Russian President in Central Federal District. On 14 September 2011, he became a member of the Security Council of Russia. On May 21, 2012 he was appointed to the Minister of Regional Development in Dmitry Medvedev's Cabinet. In April 2018, the United States imposed sanctions on him and 23 other Russian nationals.
Awards and decorations
- Medal of the Order "For Merit to the Fatherland" II class (29 December 2003) — for achievements in the development of state legal institutions in the Chechen Republic
- Order of Friendship (2008)
- Order of Honour (2009)
- Russian Federation Presidential Certificate of Gratitude (2 September 2006) — for contribution to the preparation and conduct of the election to the Chechen Republic's Parliament
- Указ «О полномочном представителе Президента Российской Федерации в Центральном Федеральном округе»
- Внесены изменения в состав Совета Безопасности
- "Ukraine-/Russia-related Designations and Identification Update". United States Department of the Treasury. 2018-04-06. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "США ввели санкции против семи российских олигархов и 17 чиновников из «кремлевского списка»" [The US imposed sanctions against seven Russian oligarchs and 17 officials from the "Kremlin list"]. Meduza (in Russian). 2018-04-06. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- Указ Президента Российской Федерации от 29 декабря 2003 года № 1533 «О награждении государственными наградами Российской Федерации работников Администрации Президента Российской Федерации»
- Распоряжение Президента Российской Федерации от 2 сентября 2006 года № 409-рп «О поощрении»