Oleg Kalashnikov (Ukrainian: Оле́г Іва́нович Кала́шніков; November 6, 1962 – April 15, 2015) was a Ukrainian politician, born in Rivne, Ukrainian SSR. He was a member of the Party of Regions, Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of V convocation. On April 15, 2015, he was shot to death at his home in Kiev. On April 16, Ukrainian journalist Oles Buzina was shot to death in Kiev as well. A Ukrainian nationalist group calling itself Ukrainian Insurgent Army allegedly claimed responsibility for these and other murders in an email containing "grammatical mistakes not typical for a native Ukrainian speaker". The authenticity of the claim was questioned by the Ukrainian government as well as the very existence of the named group.
- Press, Associated (16 April 2015). "Ousted Ukraine president's ally found shot dead in Kiev home". Retrieved 18 May 2017 – via The Guardian.
- "Ukraine ally of ex-President Yanukovych found dead". 15 April 2015. Retrieved 18 May 2017 – via www.bbc.com.
- Stern, David (18 April 2015). "Ukraine conflict: Email claim for Kiev killings". Retrieved 18 May 2017 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- Personal website
- Гроші. Калашніков. До Києва підтягуються антимайданівці
- Илья Азар. Интервью с организатором митинга против Юлии Тимошенко // «Lenta.ru», 10.08.2011
|This biographical article about a Ukrainian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|