Oleg Anatol'evich Matveychev (Russian: Олег Анатольевич Матвейчев, born 1 February 1970) is a Russian politician and spin doctor for the Kremlin. He is currently a professor at Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation in Moscow. Matveychev has published various books on politics and public relations. He is one of the most popular Russian bloggers.
In 1993 Matveychev graduated in philosophy from the Ural State University. He then did a PhD in the philosophy of politics and law with the thesis topic of Philosophy of Hegel's Politics and Modernity. From 1996 he became an active political consultant for Russian regional elections and participated in over 60 campaigns. From 2007 to 2020 he was professor of National Research University – Higher School of Economics.
From 2006 to 2010 Matveychev was a staff member of Presidential Administration of Russia. In 2010 Matveychev became deputy governor of the Vologda Oblast. In 2011 he became deputy governor of the Volgograd Oblast.
In 2010, according to the Guardian newspaper, Matveychev caused controversy by writing on his blog that "he dreamed of gathering the Russian opposition on a city square and calling in an army of tanks to mow them down. 'And then, like after Tiananmen in China, we would also have 10% annual economic growth after 20 or 30 years'".
Matveychev is an opponent of copyright. He was involved in at least two plagiarism scandals, where Matveychev was the one whose writings were plagiarized, once by Anna Chapman, and a second time by the Russian Minister of Culture Vladimir Medinsky in his book "Myths about Russia", particularly in the chapter about "unwashed Europe" and "clean Russia". Matveychev had announced that he is not going to pursue any action as the copyright impedes innovation and "behind every thought or object is every human being who ever lived".
Matveychev is an author of alternative theory about ending of Trojan War, with the Trojans as winners.
Additionally, Matveychev was behind the idea to change a name of a real person to Harry Potter to participate in Yekaterinburg regional elections.
- Political Consulting in Russia: yesterday, today, tomorrow, 2020
- Austrian engineering philosophy for polytechnics, co-author, 2019
- Hyperborea - Adventures of an Idea, co-author, 2018
- Solzhenitsyn's Vatnik, co-author, 2018
- Myths About Corruption, co-author, 2018
- Practical Sophism: Prohibited Methods, co-author, 2018
- Modern Myths About Russia, co-author, 2018
- Russia and China. Two strongholds. Past, Present, Prospects , co-author, 2017
- Information wars of the 21st century. "Soft power" against the atomic bomb, 2016
- Crimean Spring. 30 days that shook the world, co-author, 2014
- Trojan Horse of Western History, co-author, 2013 (translated to English)
- Ears that Wag the Ass - Modern Social Programming, 2002, 2008, 2013
- Imperative Mood of History, 2012
- Russia, What to Do? Breakthrough Strategies of the New Millenium, 2011
- American Lard, fiction, co-author, 2009
- The sum of political technologies, 2008
- The Sovereignty of Spirit, 2007
- The Big Current Political Encyclopedia , 2007, co-author
- Anti-psychology. The modern man in search of meaning, co-author, 2004
- China at the Junction of the Milleniums, 2004
- Electoral campaign - Practice Against Theory, 2001
- Political оntologies , 2001
- Problems of manipulation, 1999
- What is political consulting?, 1998
- Stages of development of Russian market of political technologies, 2018
- Philosophy as a sovereign truth and other educational skrepy(metaphysical feuilleton), 2018
- Hyperborean problem in XIX-XX centuries, 2018
- Neue Wege mit Heidegger Matveichev O.A., Pertsev A.V. , 2018
- On the question of the historicity of the Trojan War, 2017
- Russian Thought on the Origination of Greek Philosophy, 2017
- Anacharsis." A wise man, because the Scythian, 2016
- Towards a discussion about the origins of the ancient Greek philosophy in Russian and Soviet philosophical thought, 2016
- About approaches of studying the ancient Greek sophistry, 2016
- The Seven Wonders of the Hyperborean Abaris, 2016
- Famirid. The Blind Philosopher, the Inventor of Music, 2016
- Orpheus: a phenomenon from the North (asking the question), 2015
- The Aristotle's concept of" slavery", 2013
- The origin of the anthropomorphism in Greek religion, 2013
- Public relations of the modern school: working with target audiences. The handbook for the educational refresher training program "School management based on communicative technologies", 2002
- The stydy guide on the history of modern Western philosophy", 2002
- Russian spy Anna Chapman embroiled in plagiarism row, Guardian, retrieved 02/11/2011
- Books and Publications, Higher School of Economics, Moscow
-  Live Journal statistics
- ОЛЕГ МАТВЕЙЧЕВ, ОФИЦИАЛЬНЫЙ САЙТ, Official Site (in Russian)
- Ъ-Газета — Сальный номер
- "LJ Rate". (in Russian).
- "Response to discovery of plagiarized works". Live Journal.
- "Who won Trojan War".
- Публичная интернет-библиотека Владимира Прибыловского
- Milchin, Konstantin. "Почему Россия проиграла" (in Russian). Gorky Media.