|Full name||Oleg Rabota|
|Born||12 June 1990|
Almaty, Kazakh SSR, Soviet Union
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||72 kg (159 lb)|
|College team||Southern Illinois University (U.S.)|
|Coach||Rick Walker (U.S.)|
Oleg Rabota (Kazakh: Олег Работа; born June 12, 1990) is a Kazakh swimmer, who specialized in middle-distance freestyle and backstroke events. He represented his nation Kazakhstan at the 2008 Summer Olympics, and has won a silver medal in the 200 m freestyle at the 2007 Asian Indoor Games in Macau, China. Rabota also served as a member of the Southern Illinois Salukis swimming and diving team under head coach Rick Walker, while pursuing his sports management studies at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, Illinois.
Rabota competed for the Kazakh squad in two swimming events at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. He posted a time of 2:03.75 to set himself up as the fourth seed headed into the 200 m backstroke final of the Olympic test event in Beijing, and then snatched the 400 m freestyle title with a 3:56.98 at the Kazakhstan Open Championships three months later in Almaty; both of these marks dipped beneath the FINA B-cut. In the 400 m freestyle, Rabota fought off with Argentina's Juan Martín Pereyra for the fourth spot throughout the race, but relegated to fifth and thirty-sixth overall to round out the opening heat in 4:02.16. Four days later, in the 200 m backstroke, Rabota raced to second on the same heat by 0.78 of a second behind leader Brett Fraser of the Cayman Islands in 2:01.95, but his thirty-third place time in the prelims would not be enough to put him through to the semifinals.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Oleg Rabota". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- Lock, John (10 December 2012). "Saluki Swimming & Diving teams begin training for conference championship meets". Southern Illinois University. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- "Good Luck Beijing China Open: Day Five Prelims". Swimming World Magazine. 4 February 2008. Archived from the original on 5 March 2013. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- "Olympic Cut Sheet – Men's 400m Freestyle" (PDF). Swimming World Magazine. p. 16. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- "Swimming: Men's 400m Freestyle Heat 1". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 21 August 2012. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "Swimming: Men's 200m Backstroke Heat 1". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 21 August 2012. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- Profile – Kazakhstan Swimming Federation
- Player Bio – Southern Illinois Salukis
- NBC Olympics Profile
|This biographical article related to a Kazakhstani swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|