Олег Григорович Білорус
|Ambassador of Ukraine to the United States|
|Preceded by||Sergiy V. Kulyk|
|Succeeded by||Yuriy Shcherbak|
14 October 1939 |
Fastiv Raion, Kiev Oblast, Soviet Union
|Alma mater||Kyiv National Economic University|
Oleh Hryhoryovych Bilorus (born October 14, 1939) is a Ukrainian politician, Dr.sc.oec, Professor, member-corr. of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (NASU) (since May 1990, Department of Economics, International Management)
Bilorus was born on October 14, 1939, in Сhervona village, Fastiv Raion, Kiev region in the family of teachers. He is married, his spouse Larisa (b. 1945) is as well a language teacher. Oleg Bilorus has two children, his son Igor (b. 1968) is an economist, daughter Irina (b. 1969) is a philologist, has a PhD in law.
In 1960 Oleg Bilorus graduated from the Economics and Industrial Management faculty, Kiev Institute of National Economy (with the engineer-economist specialization). He received his PhD with the thesis "The Problems of Combining the Industrial Production Processes" (1966), and doctorate thesis "Problems of Economics, Associations and Complexes (theory and methodology)"(1980). He as well held research internships:
- 1964-1965 at the University of Belgrade (Yugoslavia)
- 1974-1975 at Harvard University and Columbia University (United States).
He speaks English, French, Serbian, Croatian, Polish, German languages. Oleg Bilorus is the author (or coauthor) of more than 500 scientific papers, including 27 individual and collective monographs and textbooks.
- 1960-1962 - engineer-economist, Deputy Head, Head of planning and economic department of scientific production association (NPO) named after T. Shevchenko in Kharkov
- 1962-1966 - post-graduate student at the Kiev Institute of National Economy
- 1964-1965 - research fellow at the University of Belgrade (Yugoslavia)
- 1966-1979 - Assistant, Senior Research Fellow, Senior Lecturer, Associate Dean, Dean, Rector of the Kiev Institute of National Economy
- 1970-1979 - 1st Vice-rector of the Kiev Institute of National Economy
- 1974-1975 - research fellow at Harvard University and Columbia University (USA)
- 1979-1986 - Director of the Department of Industry, Science and Technology at the UN Secretariat in Geneva
- 1986-1989 - Deputy Director of the Institute of Economics of USSR Planning Committee (Kiev)
- 1989-1990 - Deputy Director, Head of Department, Institute of Economics of the Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
- 1989-1992 - CEO (and founder) of the International Management Institute in Kiev, the Director of Institute of the World Economy and International Relations affiliated with Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (since 1990)
- 1992-1994 - Ambassador of Ukraine to the United States
- 1996-1997 - Advisor to the Prime Minister of Ukraine Pavel Lazarenko. Member of "Lazarenko" All-Ukrainian Association "Hromada", presidium member and deputy chairman of the party (1996–1999)
- 1998-2002 - People's Deputy of Ukraine in the 3rd Verkhovna Rada from "Hromada"
- March 1998-April 2002 - People's Deputy of the 3rd Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, from "Hromada", No. 8 in the list
- April 2002-May 2006 - People's Deputy of the 4th Verkhovna Rada, from the Yulia Tymoshenko Bloc (BYuT), No. 4 in the list
- May 2002-February 2005 - Deputy Chairman of BYuT, since February 2005 - Chairman of the BYuT fraction
- May 2006-June 2007 - People's Deputy of the 5th Verkhovna Rada, elected from the Yulia Tymoshenko Bloc, No. 11 in the list
Awards and titles
- Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine
- Doctor of Economics
- A Diplomat of the Year (United States, 1994)
- Awardee of Schlichter prize, Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (1989), and of M.Ptukha prize, (2000)
- 1972, 1976 - Excellence distinction of higher education of the USSR
- 1999 - Colonel-General of Zaporizhzhya Cossacks
- 1970 - Honorary Hunter of Ukraine
- 1970 - Medal "For Valorous Work"
- 2005 - Diploma of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
- 2009 - Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise fifth class
- Oleg Bilorus profile at liga.net
- "Политрада. Аналитика о политиках. Досье политиков, их обещания и цитаты. - Билорус Олег Григорьевич". Politrada.com. Retrieved 2011-10-24.
- "УБОП : Досье : Билорус Олег Григорьевич". Ubop.net.ua. 1939-10-14. Retrieved 2011-10-24.
- "Олег Билорус - ЛІГА:Досье // Биография и фото Олег Билорус". File.liga.net. Retrieved 2011-10-24.
- "Білорус Олег Григорович". Bilorus.openua.net. Retrieved 2011-10-24.
- Ukraine cannot become neutral Switzerland - BYuT MP Oleh Bilorus, Ukrinform (13 July 2009)
- (Ukrainian) Повний список кандидатів у народні депутати від ВО "Батьківщина", Ukrayinska Pravda (30 July 2012)
- They Call Themselves the Opposition, The Ukrainian Week (31 August 2012)
- (Ukrainian) Список депутатів нової Верховної Ради, Ukrayinska Pravda (11 November 2012)