This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Oleh Makhnitskyi in 2014
|General Prosecutor of Ukraine
February 24, 2014 – June 18, 2014
|President||Oleksandr Turchynov (acting)|
|Preceded by||Viktor Pshonka|
|Succeeded by||Vitaly Yarema|
|Born||Oleh Ihorovych Makhnitskyi
March 15, 1970
Lviv, Ukrainian SSR
|Alma mater||Lviv University|
Ukraine Parliamentary Commissioner for the supervision of the General Prosecutor of Ukraine from February 22, 2014.
From February 24, 2014 — Acting Prosecutor General. The same day Oleh Makhnitsky left Svoboda. President Petro Poroshenko dismissed Makhnitskyi on 18 June 2014 following his own request to resign.
Suspicion in corruption
- "MPs agree to Yarema's appointment as prosecutor general". Interfax-Ukraine. June 19, 2014. Archived from the original on July 14, 2014. Retrieved June 19, 2014.
- "The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine has adopted the Resolution "On appointing O.I. Makhnitskyi the Commissioner for controlling the activity of the Prosecutor's General Office of Ukraine"". Israel Foreign Affairs. Archived from the original on November 27, 2014. Retrieved November 27, 2014.
- Makhnitsky: Inaction of the Prosecutor Office seems very strange. LIGA news. 31 December 2014
- "Ukrainian president dismisses Makhnitsky as acting prosecutor general". Interfax-Ukraine. June 18, 2014. Archived from the original on July 14, 2014. Retrieved June 19, 2014.
- Ex-prosecutor immediately buys mansion in London. Nedelya-ua. 10 July 2014