Czyż during his tenure with Virtus Roma
|No. 32 – Juvecaserta Basket|
|Position||Small forward / Power forward|
March 3, 1990 |
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||240 lb (109 kg)|
|High school||Reno (Reno, Nevada)|
|NBA draft||2012 / Undrafted|
|2013–2014||Fort Wayne Mad Ants|
|2015–2016||Pistoia Basket 2000|
|Career highlights and awards|
Early years and college
Czyż grew up playing basketball in Poland. He first started playing when he was 10 years old for a club team called Prokom Trefl Gdynia. At the age of 14, he moved with his mother and sister to the United States and attended Reno High School, where he was a two-time state champion. He earned numerous scholarships to colleges around the country going into his senior year of high school. Throughout his freshman and half of his sophomore years, he played for Duke University. He transferred to the University of Nevada, Reno, where he played during the 2010–11 and 2011–12 seasons. During his junior year, he was selected for the WAC All-Newcomer team. During his senior year, he was selected for the first-team All-WAC and led the Wolf Pack to a conference championship. Czyż graduated from Nevada with a bachelor's degree in speech communications in May 2012.
In July 2013, Czyż joined the Portland Trail Blazers for the 2013 NBA Summer League. On September 30, 2013, he signed with the Milwaukee Bucks. However, he was waived by the Bucks on October 26, 2013. In November 2013, he was acquired by the Fort Wayne Mad Ants as an affiliate player. On January 2, 2014, he was traded to the Canton Charge.
On June 25, 2014, Czyż signed with Enel Brindisi of Italy for the 2014–15 season. In July 2014, he joined the NBA D-League Select Team for the 2014 NBA Summer League. Upon his arrival at Brindisi, he failed his physicals and was subsequently released on August 25, 2014.
- "Duke Men's Basketball BIO, Olek Czyz". Duke University, Durham. Retrieved August 22, 2015.
- "53 Wolf Pack Student-Athletes Set To Graduate". University of Nevada, Reno. May 18, 2012. Retrieved February 20, 2015.
- Virtus Roma officially signs Olek Czyż
- Bucks add Junior Cadougan, Olek Czyż, Stephen Graham, Trey McKinney Jones to training camp
- Milwaukee Bucks waive Trey McKinney Jones, Olek Czyż and Stephen Graham
- Mad Ants Chose 5 in NBA D-League Draft
- Charge Acquire Czyż From Mad Ants
- Enel Brindisi tabs Olek Czyż
- Enel Brindisi lands Dejan Ivanov and Demonte Harper
- Olek Czyż didn't pass physicals with Enel Brindisi
- Olek Czyż inks with PGE Turow Zgorzelec