|Full name||Oleksandr Mykolayovych Hladkyy|
|Date of birth||24 August 1987|
|Place of birth||Lozova, Kharkiv Oblast, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2012–2014||→ Karpaty Lviv (loan)||59||(18)|
|2017||→ Karpaty Lviv (loan)||13||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 June 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 28 February 2017
Oleksandr Mykolayovych Hladkyy (Ukrainian: Олександр Миколайович Гладкий, born 24 August 1987) is a Ukrainian football forward who currently plays for Dynamo Kyiv, and for the Ukraine national team. His last name can also be transliterated as Hladkiy, Gladkiy and Gladkyy.
Hladkyy began his career in Metalist Kharkiv's football academy, and soon after, the young player was invited to another professional club from the Kharkiv, FC Kharkiv. Under direction of coach Volodymyr Bessonov, Hladkyy became a regular player for the club and soon established himself as one of the best strikers in the league. His first fame came in the 2006–07 season, when after scoring 13 goals to finish as the Ukrainian league's top scorer.
After this success, Hladkyy attracted the notice of giants Shakhtar Donetsk, and on 8 June 2007, he signed a five-year deal worth €2.5 million with the club. On his Shakhtar debut, a friendly match, he scored the winning goal. He scored two goals in another friendly.
Hladkyy won the Premier League with Shakhtar that season, but fell one goal short of making Ukrainian Premier League history by being the top goalscorer for two consecutive years. With the addition of Yevhen Seleznyov and Marcelo Moreno, Hladkyy has had difficulty to regain his spot in the starting line-up or even the bench leaving his future in doubt especially with the coach Mircea Lucescu using a 4-5-1 (meaning only one forward) over last years 4-4-2 . After 10 league games with only 1 win Shakhtar coach Mircea Lucescu gave Hladkyy the start and he scored in the 28th minute in a 3–0 win over Chornomorets Odessa. Mircea gave Hladkyy another starting opportunity due to Luiz Adriano being injured, and Oleksandr scored the third goal in Shakhtar's 4–2 win over FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih. Hladkyy scored a winner for Shakhtar against Olexandria in the 93rd minute in an Ukrainian Cup quarter final, although this pro comes with a con as he injured second choice goalkeeper Rustam Khudzhamov during a collision in the Shakhtar penalty area. He scored his first two UEFA Champions League goals in a historic 3–2 win in Spain beating giants F.C. Barcelona (whom were on a streak of 20 games without defeat.) This was also big for Shakhtar as Shakhtar collected more points in the group stage than ever before (9).
Shakhtar Donetsk Return
On 23 May 2016, Hladkyy signed a 3-year contract with the Ukrainian champions Dynamo Kyiv, signing as a free agent after his contract with Shakhtar Donetsk has ended.
Oleksandr Hladkyy was a regular member of the Ukraine national under-21 football team and scored 6 goals in 12 games. On 22 August 2007, he made his debut for the senior Ukraine national football team in a friendly against Uzbekistan and scored the opening goal. Since then, he has been called up to the main squad for every game under both Oleg Blokhin, and now, Oleksiy Mykhailychenko.
- As of 21 June 2017
- As of 3 February 2017
- Scores and results list Ukraine's goal tally first.
|1.||22 August 2007||Valeriy Lobanovskyi Dynamo Stadium, Kiev, Ukraine||Uzbekistan||1–0||2–1||Friendly|
- Shakhtar Donetsk
- Ukrainian Premier League (2): 2007–08, 2009–10
- Ukrainian Cup (2): 2007–08, 2015–16
- Ukrainian Super Cup (4): 2008, 2010, 2014, 2015
- UEFA Cup: 2008–09
- Dynamo Kyiv
- Ukrainian Premier league Top Goalscorer (13 goals): 2007
- Ukrainian Premier League Top Assister (11 assists): 2008
- "Blokhin fits up trusted squad". Article at ffu.org.ua. 5 October 2007. Retrieved 7 October 2007.
- Player profile at uefa.com, uefa.com, accessed 7 October 2007
- Player profile at shakhtar.com, shakhtar.com, accessed 7 October 2007
- "Александр Гладкий: "О переходе в "Днепр" долго не думал" (Oleksandr Hladkyy: About the transfer to "Dnipro" did not think long about it)" (in Russian). ua-football.com. 17 August 2010. Retrieved 18 August 2010.
- Гладкий підписав контракт із Шахтарем на два роки. www.champion.com.ua (in Ukrainian). champion.com.ua. 29 May 2014. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- Game report from ScoresPro.com Game Report on ScoresPro.com
- "Kravets, Artem". National Football Teams. Retrieved 8 February 2017.