Olentangy Orange High School
|Olentangy Orange High School|
2840 East Orange Road
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Olentangy Local School District|
|Superintendent||Mark Raiff |
|Color(s)||Orange and Blue|
|Fight song||Fight On|
|Athletics conference||Ohio Capital Conference|
|Publication||The Courier, The Frontier|
|Yearbook||The Bronze Bayonet|
Olentangy Orange High School is a public comprehensive secondary school located in Lewis Center, Ohio. As the third built high school in the Olentangy Local School District, it opened on August 10, 2008 with the first classes starting on August 20, 2008. The school serves students from all or small portions of the unincorporated community of Lewis Center and the city of Westerville, as well as Genoa and Orange Townships in Delaware County. The high school serves one cul-de-sac in Franklin County as well. The design of the building is set up to be similar to Olentangy Liberty High School.
There were only about 800 students in ninth through eleventh grade for the 2008-2009 school year, as the seniors were allowed to graduate at their previous school, but school officials anticipated enrollment to climb to nearly 1,200 students come the 2009-2010 school year.
For the 2009-2010 school year, Orange was ranked 14th in academics in Ohio out of 658 schools.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
- President Donald Trump visited Olentangy Orange on August 4th, 2018. He held a rally in support of State Senator Troy Balderson, a then-candidate in the 2018 special election for Ohio's 12th congressional district. Notable attendees included Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine, U.S. Representative for Ohio's 4th district Jim Jordan, and U.S. Representative for Ohio's 16th district Jim Renacci.
- Olentangy Orange is well known for its marching band. The Marching Pioneers currently have around 250 members, and practice a "show" style of marching similar to that of the Ohio University Marching 110, contrasting with the common style often employed by high school marching bands. Currently under the direction of Dr. Ishbah Cox, the band performs regionally and nationally. Annually they participate in the Circleville Pumpkin Show in Circleville, Ohio, and have most recently performed in the 2018 Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade. Past national performances include at the 2016 Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl in Atlanta, Georgia, and the 2013 Chicago Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Archived from the original on November 3, 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- "Orange High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- School preps for opening this fall (Columbus Dispatch)
- [dead link]
- Wynn, Sarah (2018-08-03). "President Trump to speak at Olentangy Orange High School Saturday". WSYX. Retrieved 2019-01-06.
- "In Photos: Trump Rally in Lewis Center, Ohio". www.theepochtimes.com. 2018-08-05. Retrieved 2019-01-06.
- "About - Marching Pioneers". marchingpioneers.com. Retrieved 2019-01-06.
- lucky43113, Circleville Pumpkin Show Parade Of Bands, retrieved 2019-01-06
- Moberger, Alexis (2018-11-20). "Olentangy Orange's marching band to perform in Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade". WSYX. Retrieved 2019-01-06.
- King, Michael (2016-12-27). "Olentangy Orange's marching band to perform at Peach Bowl events". WCMH. Retrieved 2019-01-06.
- Steve. "OOHS Band Marches in Thanksgiving Day Parade". ONE Olentangy. Retrieved 2019-01-06.