|Born||18 October 1987|
|Height||1.67 m (5 ft 5 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||63 kg (139 lb)|
Olesya Povh (Ukrainian: Олеся Повх (Olesya Povkh); born 18 October 1987) is a Ukrainian sprint athlete who specializes in the 100 metres. Her personal best times include 11.08 seconds in the 100 m, achieved in June 2012 in Yalta.
She is an Olympic Games bronze medalist, World Championships bronze medalist, European Championships gold and silver medalist, and European Indoor Championships gold medalist.
Povh is Jewish, and was born in Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine. She graduated from the Dnipropetrovsk State Institute of Physical Culture and Sports in 2010 and chose to focus on athletics full-time in 2011.
She had her first year of international competition in 2010. She reached the semi-finals of the 60 metres at the 2010 IAAF World Indoor Championships and took a relay bronze medal with Ukraine at the 2010 European Team Championships. She gained selection for the 100 m at the 2010 European Athletics Championships and was eliminated in the semi-finals. However, she went on to have success at the competition as part of the Ukrainian 4×100 m relay team: running with Nataliya Pohrebnyak, Mariya Ryemyen, and Yelizaveta Bryzhina, the team won the gold medal in a national record time of 42.29 seconds – the fastest mark in the world that year. The team reprised their roles for the 2010 IAAF Continental Cup, representing Europe, and took the silver medal behind the Americas team.
At the 2012 Olympic Games in London she and her teammates Hrystyna Stuy, Mariya Ryemyen and Yelizaveta Bryzghina took the bronze medals in the 4 x 100 metres relay by setting a new national record.
In March 2019, the CAS confirms that Povh committed the anti-doping rule infractions and confirms the UAF Executive Committee decisions about disqualification of Povh for 4 years starting from 15 June 2016.
- "IAAF: Olesya POVH - Profile". iaaf.org. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- Olesya POVH. "Profile of Olesya Povh". All-Athletics.com. Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- Fintzy, Uri (30 July 2012). "Final results for the Jewish athletes from the London 2012 Olympic Games". Jewish Telegraphic Agency. Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- "2012 Summer Olympic medalists". Jewish Sports Review. Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- "Olesya Povh – 2012: Silver medal at European Champions". Sporting-heroes.net. Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- "Olesya Povh – Player Profile". Au.eurosport.com. 29 June 2012. Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- Chris Tomlinson secures European long jump bronze, BBC (1 August 2010)
- 2010 Continental Cup 4x100 Metres Relay – W Final. IAAF. Retrieved on 23 January 2011.
- Ukraine’s Povh speeds to world-leading 60m. European Athletics (23 January 2011). Retrieved on 23 January 2011.
- "International Association of Athletics Federations". iaaf.org. Retrieved 12 August 2012.
- USA smash world 4x100m relay record to win Olympic gold, BBC Sport (10 August 2012)
- "The World Athletics Championships haven't started and two athletes have already failed drug tests". Retrieved 14 September 2018.