|Open Water Swimming|
|2010 Budapest||25 km|
She has swum at the:
- Olympics: 2000, 2004, 2012
- World Championships: 2003, 2005, 2009, 2011, 2013
- European Championships: 2010
- Open Water Worlds: 2008, 2010
At the 2003 World Championships, she set the Ukraine Record in the 1500 free (16:27.76).
She swam in her third Olympics in 2012, swimming the Open Water event, but was disqualified and excluded from the Games by the IOC in June 2015 after re-analysis of a drug test showed she had been doping.
- The First Leg of the 2010 European Open Water Swimming Cup, Turkish Swimming Federation (April 8, 2010)
- (Ukrainian) Ольга Береснєва стала чемпіонкою Європи з плавання), Gazeta.ua (August 10, 2010)
- Ten Year-Old Israeli Record Falls, Swimming World Magazine (December 26, 2004)
- (Russian) Ольга Береснева стала чемпионкой Европы по плаванию в Будапеште, ИСД (August 9, 2010)
- Ukraine's Beresnyeva wins 25K at Euro swimming, SI.com (August 8, 2010)
- "Ukrainian swimmer Olga Beresnyeva disqualified and excluded from the Olympic Games London 2012 after failing re-analysis of samples". IOC. 12 June 2015. Retrieved 12 June 2015.