Kurylenko at the 65th Berlin International Film Festival, February 2015
|Born||Olga Kostantinivna Kurylenko
14 November 1979
Berdyansk, Ukrainian SSR,
|Ethnicity||Russian, Ukrainian, Belarussian|
|Spouse(s)||Cedric van Mol (2000–2004)
Damian Gabrielle (2006–2007)
|Height||176 cm (5 ft 9 in)|
Olga Kostantinivna Kurylenko (Ukrainian: Ольга Костянтинівна Куриленко, Russian: Ольга Константиновна Куриленко; born 14 November 1979) is a French actress and model.[nb 1] She was discovered as a model at the age of 13 and at the age of 16 moved from Ukraine to Paris to pursue a modeling career. Kurylenko started her acting career in 2005. She found success as an actress for her role as Nika Boronina in the movie adaptation of the video game Hitman (2007), and then rose to fame by playing Bond girl Camille Montes in the 22nd James Bond film, Quantum of Solace (2008). More recently she starred in Terrence Malick's To the Wonder (2012), and alongside Tom Cruise in Oblivion (2013) and Russell Crowe in The Water Diviner (2014).
Kurylenko was born in Berdyansk, Ukraine, then part of the Soviet Union. Her father, Konstantin, is Ukrainian, and her mother, Marina Alyabysheva, who teaches art, was born in Irkutsk Oblast, Russia, and is of Russian and Belarusian ancestry.
Her parents divorced when she was three and she was raised by her mother. Kurylenko rarely had contact with her father, meeting him for the first time after the split when she was eight, and later when she was thirteen.
Kurylenko was discovered by a female model scout while on holiday in Moscow at the age of 13. At the age of 16 she moved from Ukraine to Paris. In 1996, she signed a contract with the Paris-based Madison modelling agency. The following year, by the age of 18, she had appeared on the covers of Vogue and Elle magazines. While working as a model in Paris, Kurylenko supported her mother in Ukraine.
She also appeared on the covers of Madame Figaro and Marie Claire magazines. She became the face of brands Bebe, Clarins, and Helena Rubinstein. She has also modeled for Roberto Cavalli and Kenzo and appeared in the Victoria's Secret catalogue.
One of her first acting appearance was in Seal's music video, "Love's Divine" in 2003, but her film career began in France during 2005. She received the certificate of excellence award at the 2006 Brooklyn International Film Festival for her performance in L'Annulaire, and also starred in the Paris, je t'aime segment "Quartier de la Madeleine" opposite Elijah Wood. That same year, she was selected to be the face of Kenzo's new fragrance, Kenzo Amour. She has appeared in all subsequent Kenzo Amour advertisements.
In 2007, she starred in Hitman alongside Timothy Olyphant. She had a minor role in Max Payne as Natasha. She played Bond girl Camille Montes in the 2008 James Bond film, Quantum of Solace. In the film she plays the role of a Bolivian Secret Service agent named Camille, who teams up with James Bond to avenge the death of her parents.
She was featured on the cover of the December 2008 issue of the U.S. edition of Maxim magazine and on the cover of the February 2009 issue of the Ukrainian edition of Maxim. In Ukraine the mayor of Berdyansk suggested naming a street after her in early 2008, and she and her mother met Ukraine's First Lady Kateryna Yushchenko in President Yushchenko's family country house.
Kurylenko appeared in Terrence Malick's To the Wonder, shot in fall 2010 in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. She also appeared in Oblivion, a science fiction film starring Tom Cruise and directed by Joseph Kosinski. Kurylenko played Alice Fournier who is the main subject of the spy thriller, November Man.
Kurylenko will star as Marie Curie in the Luc Besson-produced biopic RAD, now set for a release in late 2015 after being in development hell since 2011. French rugby player Sébastien Chabal will portray Pierre Curie.
Kurylenko acquired French citizenship in 2001. She married French fashion photographer Cedric van Mol in 2000, but the couple divorced four years later. Her marriage to American mobile phone accessory entrepreneur Damian Gabrielle took place in 2006, but ended in divorce in late 2007. She moved to London in 2009.
|2001||Largo Winch||Carole||TV series (1 Episode : "Contessa Vanessa")|
|2006||Paris, je t'aime||The Vampire||Vincenzo Natali||Segment : Quartier de la Madeleine|
|2006||Le porte-bonheur||Sophia||Laurent Dussaux||TV movie|
|2006||The Serpent||Sofia||Eric Barbier|
|2007||Suspectes||Eva Pirès||TV miniseries (7 episodes)|
|2007||Hitman||Nika Boronina||Xavier Gens|
|2008||À l'est de moi||The Russian prostitute||Bojena Horackova|
|2008||Max Payne||Natasha Sax||John Moore|
|2008||Quantum of Solace||Camille Montes||Marc Forster|
|2010||Tyranny||Mina Harud||John Beck Hofmann||TV series (5 episodes); also writer|
|2011||There Be Dragons||Ildiko||Roland Joffé|
|2011||Land of Oblivion||Anya||Michale Boganim|
|2012||Erased||Anna Brandt||Philipp Stölzl|
|2012||To the Wonder||Marina||Terrence Malick|
|2012||Seven Psychopaths||Angela||Martin McDonagh|
|2012||Magic City||Vera Evans||Mainly Ed Bianchi
Simon Cellan Jones
|TV series (16 episodes)|
|2013||Oblivion||Julia Rusakova||Joseph Kosinski|
|2014||Vampire Academy||Ellen Kirova||Mark Waters|
|2014||The November Man||Alice Fournier/Mira Filipova||Roger Donaldson|
|2014||Mission Control||NASA broadcasting news||Will Farrell||Episode 13: Go Home|
|2014||The Water Diviner||Ayshe||Russell Crowe|
|2015||A Perfect Day||Katya||Fernando León de Aranoa|
|2015||Momentum||Alex Farraday||Stephen S. Campanelli||Completed|
|2015||Empires of the Deep||Michael French
|Post-production, filmed in 2010|
Awards and nominations
|2008||Saturn Award||Best Supporting Actress||Quantum of Solace||Nominated|
|2009||Empire Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|2012||Boston Society of Film Critics Award||Best Cast||Seven Psychopaths||Won|
|2012||San Diego Film Critics Society Award||Best Performance by an Ensemble||Nominated|
- Hilton, Ruth (December 2008). "Olga Kurylenko: A View to a Thrill". Maxim 12 (12): 74.
- Oblivion's Olga Kurylenko, Los Angeles Confidential magazine (2013)
- Sokolovskaya, Yanina (18 January 2008). "New Bond girl was discovered in a subway while on holidays with her mother in Moscow" (in Russian). Izvestia. Retrieved 4 September 2008.
- "Quantum of Solace: Olga Kurylenko on being the latest, beautiful Bond girl". London: Telegraph. 24 October 2008. Retrieved 11 November 2008.
The French capital has been the actress's home for 12 years, since she left Ukraine as a 16-year-old modeling hopeful in 1996.
- "The Ukranian girl discovered on Moscow's metro who grew up to become Bond's sexiest co-star yet". Daily Mail (UK). 14 January 2008.
- Kateryna Yushchenko Meets with Actress Olga Kurylenko | Ukraine 3000 International Charitable Fund. Ukraine3000.org.ua (10 October 2008). Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
- "Talking Shop: Olga Kurylenko". BBC News. 31 October 2008. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
- Olga Kurylenko Zone – Devoted to model actress Olga Kurylenko with the latest wallpapers news photos and videos. Kurylenko-olga.com. Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
- Olga Kurylenko Profile on FMD – Olga Kurylenko pictures / images. Fashionmodeldirectory.com. Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
- "Hottest Victoria’s Secret Models – Olga Kurylenko". pop crunch.com. 30 December 2008. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Seal - Love's Divine [Official Music Video]". YouTube. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "OLGA KURYLENKO - Kenzo Amour long version". YouTube. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "New Bond film title is confirmed". BBC News. 24 January 2008.
- The Bond Girl Olga Kuryelenko on. Thebondgirls.info. Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
- "Olga Kurylenko: If her looks don’t knock you dead, trying to pronounce her last name might.". Maxim. December 2008.
- "Olga Kurylenko for magazine "Maxim" (photo)". Ukrainians.ca worldwide Ukrainian community. 23 January 2009.
- New Bond girl shows her Ukrainian roots, Russia Today (23 January 2008)
- Photo, Daylife (9 October 2008)
- Ford, Rebecca (4 April 2013). "Olga Kurylenko on Her Breakout Month With 'Oblivion' and 'To the Wonder' (Video)". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- Kit, Borys (19 January 2012). "'W.E.' Star Andrea Riseborough, Olga Kurylenko Join Tom Cruise's Sci-Fi Thriller". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- "Cannes: Olga Kurylenko, Luke Bracey, Bill Smitrovich Join 'November Man'". The Hollywood Reporter. 17 May 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- (French)Olga Kurylenko: Confidences d'une James Bond Girl, Paris Match (11 November 2008)
- Agence de photographes. CJuliette. Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
- Olga Kurylenko Biography – Actress – Olga Kurylenko Bio[dead link]. Kurylenko.org (14 November 1979). Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
- Olga confirms she recently ended a relationship in December 2007. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (11 December 2007). Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
- (Russian) Ольга Куриленко: Из окна своей квартиры я вижу Эйфелеву башню, Komsomolskaya Pravda Ukraine (23 October 2009)
- Interview – Olga Kurylenko . Alliancemagazine.org (1 December 2009). Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Media from Commons|
- Olga Kurylenko at the Internet Movie Database
- Olga Kurylenko on Twitter
- Olga Kurylenko at AllMovie
- Olga Kurylenko at the Fashion Model Directory