|Birth name||Olga Nunes|
January 1, 1979 |
|Genres||Piano rock, alternative rock, art pop, art rock, baroque pop|
|Associated acts||Shipwrek, Amanda Palmer|
Olga began writing songs in 2005, after being taught the basics of piano by a Buddhist monk, and began playing with her band in Los Angeles soon after.
In 2010 Olga launched a project for the forthcoming album LAMP, a series of songs with a fictional story woven around them, told in videos and art installations.
Olga was born in Montreal, Canada, to Spanierd and Brazilian parents. Raised in Florida as a teenager, her first experience with music took the form of musical theatre.
Olga is currently living in San Francisco and working towards the release of her next album, LAMP.
- Lamp (2013)
- Maps For The Open Road (2009) with Lyrics by Neil Gaiman
- Last Call (2007)
- 2014 - The Fallow (film) - composer, additional music
Nunes has also released more than a dozen singles and 20 B-sides, and has contributed original material to independent film soundtracks.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Olga Nunes.|
- "Olga Nunes Twintterview". the vt blog.
- "Neil Gaiman's The Moon over the Corn Field". Neil Gaiman.
- "Neil Gaiman, Wil Wheaton Reenact ‘XKCD’ Strip". Comics alliance. 2010-02-08. Archived from the original on 2013-11-10. Retrieved 2013-11-20.
- "Semi-fictional love stories and music project". boing boing. 2010-11-11. Retrieved 2013-11-20.