Olga Vasilieva (politician)
|Minister of Education|
|Assumed office |
18 May 2018
|Preceded by||office established|
|Minister of Education and Science|
19 August 2016 – 7 May 2018
|Preceded by||Dmitry Livanov|
|Succeeded by||herself (as Minister of Education)|
Mikhail Kotyukov (as Minister of Science and Higher Education)
|Born||13 January 1960|
Bugulma, Soviet Union (now Russia)
|Alma mater||1. Moscow State Art and Cultural University; |
2. Sholokhov Moscow State University for Humanities;
3. Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation
|Profession||Doctor of Sciences in Historical science|
Olga Yurevna Vasilieva (sometimes transliterated as Vasilyeva, Russian: О́льга Ю́рьевна Васи́льева, born January 13, 1960 in Bugulma) is a Russian Doctor of Historical science, professor, the Minister of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (2016—2018), the Minister of Education of the Russian Federation since May 2018.
Vasilieva was born in 1960 in Bugulma.
In 1979 she graduated with a degree in Choir and Conducting from Moscow State Institute of Culture. Later in the mid-1980s she studied history at Moscow State University for Humanities. For several years she was a singing-master and a history teacher.
Afterwards she switched to research work as a historian. In 1987 she was admitted to the Ph.D. program in the Institute of History of the USSR Academy of Sciences. In 1990 she defended her Ph.D. dissertation “The Soviet State and Patriotic Activities of the Russian Orthodox Church during the Years of the Great Patriotic War.”
In the state service
In 2007 Vasilieva finished a study at the Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation. Her career as a person in the state service began in the Department for Culture of the Russian Government. She was responsible, among other items, for school programs, particularly in history and in religious education.
On 19 August 2016 she was appointed a Minister of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, preceded by Dmitry Livanov. This Ministry was divided in May 2018 into the Ministry of Education (also called the Ministry of General Education or of Enlightenment) and the Ministry of Science and Higher Education. On 18 May 2018, Dr. Vasilieva became a Minister of Education of the Russian Federation.
She has written over 160 articles and 8 books.
- "Vasilyeva Olga Yuryevna". Website “Moscow State University of Humanities and Economics”. Retrieved 2016-08-19.
- "Путин принял отставку министра образования Ливанова". RIA Novosti. 2016-08-19. Retrieved 2016-08-19.
- "Путин согласился сменить министра образования". RBC Information Systems. 2016-08-19. Retrieved 2016-08-19.
- "В России сменился министр образования". Interfax. 2016-08-19. Retrieved 2016-08-19.
- "Putin signs decrees on appointing new Russian cabinet members". TASS. 2018-05-18. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Olga Vasilyeva.|
- Biography: Vasilyeva Olga. // An official website of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
|This article about a Russian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|