Olive Township, Elkhart County, Indiana
Location of Olive Township in Elkhart County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||18.15 sq mi (47.0 km2)|
|• Land||18.08 sq mi (46.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||823 ft (251 m)|
|• Density||169.7/sq mi (65.5/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453687|
Olive Township was organized in 1836.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 18.15 square miles (47.0 km2), of which 18.08 square miles (46.8 km2) (or 99.61%) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) (or 0.44%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Wakarusa (north three-quarters)
- Baugo Township (north)
- Concord Township (northeast)
- Harrison Township (east)
- Union Township (southeast)
- Locke Township (south)
- Madison Township, St. Joseph County (west)
- Penn Township, St. Joseph County (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Pletcher and Shutts.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Elkhart County, Indiana. Chas. C. Chapman Co. 1881. p. 1101.
|This Elkhart County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|