Olive Township, Noble County, Ohio
|Olive Township, Noble County, Ohio|
Horses in a pasture east of Caldwell
Location of Olive Township in Noble County
|• Total||27.7 sq mi (71.8 km2)|
|• Land||27.7 sq mi (71.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||774 ft (236 m)|
|• Density||195.0/sq mi (75.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086749|
Olive Township is one of the fifteen townships of Noble County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 5,395 people in the township, 3,429 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the south central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Center Township - northeast
- Enoch Township - east
- Jefferson Township - southwest corner
- Jackson Township - south
- Sharon Township - west
- Noble Township - northwest
Most of the village of Caldwell, the county seat and by far the biggest village of Noble County, is located in northern Olive Township. A small corner of the village of Dexter City is also located in the township's far southeast.
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Olive Township is located in Meigs County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Noble County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.