Olive Township, St. Joseph County, Indiana
Location in St. Joseph County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||57.5 sq mi (148.93 km2)|
|• Land||57.4 sq mi (148.65 km2)|
|• Water||0.11 sq mi (0.28 km2) 0.19%|
|Elevation||735 ft (224 m)|
|• Density||68.2/sq mi (26.3/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
46552, 46554, 46619, 46628
|GNIS feature ID||453688|
According to the United States Census Bureau, Olive Township covers an area of 57.5 square miles (149 km2); of this, 57.4 square miles (149 km2) (99.81 percent) is land and 0.11 square miles (0.28 km2) (0.19 percent) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Bertrand Township, Berrien County, Michigan (northeast)
- Warren Township (east)
- Greene Township (southeast)
- Lincoln Township, LaPorte County (southwest)
- Wills Township, LaPorte County (southwest)
- Galien Township, Berrien County, Michigan (northwest)
- Hudson Township, LaPorte County (northwest)
The township contains Olive Chapel Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- Hustons Airport
- Lancaster Lake
- Spicer Lake
Olive Township is served by the New Carlisle-Olive Township Public Library.
- Indiana's 2nd congressional district
- State House District 7
- State Senate District 8
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Olive Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-07-07.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder
- History of New Carlisle, Indiana
- Howard, Timothy Edward (1907). A History of St. Joseph County, Indiana. Lewis publishing Company. p. 296.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 3/18/13 through 3/22/13. National Park Service. 2013-03-29.
- "Indiana public library directory" (PDF). Indiana State Library. Retrieved 15 March 2018.