Oliver B. Greene
Oliver B. Greene
Oliver B. Greene (1967)
Oliver B. Greene
February 14, 1915
|Died||July 26, 1976(aged 61)|
Oliver Boyce Greene (February 14, 1915 – July 26, 1976) was an American Independent Fundamental Baptist Evangelist and author. He was saved on September 9, 1935, at the age of 20. Greene was ordained as a Baptist Minister at Morgan Memorial Baptist Church in Greenville, South Carolina on July 24, 1939. Over 200,000 confessions of faith were recorded as a result of his ministry. He attended North Greenville Baptist College briefly before entering full-time ministry, conducting revival meetings in tents and in churches across the eastern United States from 1939-1968.
On October 8, 1956, he founded The Gospel Hour, Inc. as a Christian outreach ministry using radio, personal appearances, books and audio tapes. The radio program of his preaching was called "The Gospel Hour", which began on one station in Georgia and gradually became syndicated until the point it spanned the nation. The Gospel Hour was heard on 150 stations at the time of his death. The broadcast is currently on over 80 stations, including international stations and the Internet. Taped copies of the program are still aired today on the Fundamental Broadcasting Network and other Christian radio stations.
He wrote over 100 books and brief booklets about the Bible.
Greene died of a cardiac aneurysm.
Oliver B. Greene was married on September 10, 1939 to Aileen Hazel Collins Greene. They had three sons, Oliver Boyce Jr., Thomas and David.
- From Disgrace to Grace: The Story of the Black Sheep of a Respectable Family (1959)
- Commentary on Galatians (1962)
- The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Romans (1962)
- The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Galatians (1962)
- The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Ephesians (1963)
- The Revelation: verse by verse study (1963)
- Evangelistic Messages (1964)
- The Epistles of Paul The Apostle to Timothy and Titus (1964)
- The Epistles of Paul the Apostle to the Thessalonians (1964)
- The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Hebrews (1965)
- The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Philippians (1965)
- What Think Ye of Christ?: And other sermons (1965)
- The Gospel According to John, Volume 2 (1966)
- The Epistles of John (1966)
- Daniel: verse by verse study (1966)
- James ...Servant of God
- The Atonement Of Christ
- Bible Truth (1968)
- The Acts of the Apostles (1968)
- The Gospel According to John : Volume III (1968)
- Hell (1969)
- Our Saviour;: The work of our Saviour: past, present, future (1969)
- Bible Prophecy (1970)
- The Second Coming of Jesus (1971)
- The Gospel According to Matthew (1972)
- The Revelation, Verse By Verse Study (1973)
- Christ Our Sufficiency (1973)
- Three Men Who Witnessed and Walked Away From Calvary (1974)
- The Acts of the Apostles Volume 4 (1975)
- The Gospel According to Matthew (1976)
- Greene, Oliver B (1991). From Disgrace to Grace: the Story of the Black Sheep of a Respectable Family Before and After Conversion. Greenville, South Carolina: The Gospel Hour, Inc.
- "Sword Biographies : Oliver B. Greene". Sword of the Lord Ministries.
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|