Oliver Brown (snooker player)
Brown in 2012
|Born||18 August 1994|
2013 Paul Hunter Classic
|Best ranking finish||Last 16 (2019 Gibraltar Open)|
Brown played in a stage of any ranking event in the first time in the 2013/2014 season. However, he lost in the first qualifying stage of the Australian Open to Joel Walker 5–3. Brown qualified for his first ever ranking tournament's venue stages in October 2013, beating Nigel Bond in the qualifying stage 6–3 in the International Championship. However, he lost in the first round in Chengdu by a 6–4 scoreline to Mark Davis.
In the first ranking event of the 2014/2015 season, Brown was drawn against Chinese snooker star Ding Junhui in the Wuxi Classic. He beat Ding 5–0 in emphatic fashion, qualifying for a second ranking tournament. Brown continued his good form in China, beating Oliver Lines 5–1 in the last 64 stage, before losing to Martin Gould 5–1. Brown entered in the second ranking event of the season, the Australian Goldfields Open. He had to play four qualifying rounds to get to the venue stage. In the end, he beat Andrew Norman 5–3, Dave Harold 5–1 and Gary Wilson 5–3 before losing in the final qualifying round to Tom Ford 5–1.
Brown qualified for the International Championship by beating Jamie Cope and lost 6–1 to Mark Williams in the first round. Brown was drawn against reigning world champion Mark Selby in the first round of the UK Championship and was whitewashed 6–0. At the Welsh Open he beat Mike Dunn 4–3 and home favourite Ryan Day 4–1 to reach the last 32 of a ranking event for the second time this season. Brown suffered a 4–0 defeat against Luca Brecel and his season would come to an end with a heavy 10–1 loss to Liam Highfield in the first round of World Championship qualifying. He entered Q School, but could only win a total of two matches to fall short of earning a place on the tour.
Performance and rankings timeline
|Ranking[nb 1]||[nb 2]||[nb 2]||[nb 2]||[nb 2]||[nb 2]||[nb 2]||[nb 2]||[nb 2]||[nb 2]|
|Riga Masters[nb 3]||Tournament Not Held||Minor-Rank.||LQ||A||A|
|World Open[nb 4]||A||A||A||A||Not Held||A||A||A|
|Paul Hunter Classic||Minor-Ranking Event||1R||3R||1R|
|China Championship||Tournament Not Held||NR||A||A|
|European Masters||Tournament Not Held||A||A||A|
|English Open||Tournament Not Held||A||A||A|
|International Championship||Not Held||A||1R||1R||A||A||A||A|
|Northern Ireland Open||Tournament Not Held||A||A||A|
|Scottish Open||Not Held||MR||Not Held||A||A||A|
|World Grand Prix||Tournament Not Held||NR||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ|
|Indian Open||Not Held||A||LQ||NH||1R||A||A|
|Players Championship[nb 5]||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ|
|Gibraltar Open||Tournament Not Held||MR||LQ||2R||4R|
|Tour Championship||Tournament Not Held||DNQ|
|Former ranking tournaments|
|Wuxi Classic||NR||A||A||2R||Tournament Not Held|
|Australian Goldfields Open||NH||A||A||LQ||LQ||LQ||Not Held|
|Performance Table Legend|
|LQ||lost in the qualifying draw||#R||lost in the early rounds of the tournament
(WR = Wildcard round, RR = Round robin)
|QF||lost in the quarter-finals|
|SF||lost in the semi-finals||F||lost in the final||W||won the tournament|
|DNQ||did not qualify for the tournament||A||did not participate in the tournament||WD||withdrew from the tournament|
|NH / Not Held||means an event was not held.|
|NR / Non-Ranking Event||means an event is/was no longer a ranking event.|
|R / Ranking Event||means an event is/was a ranking event.|
|MR / Minor-Ranking Event||means an event is/was a minor-ranking event.|
- It shows the ranking at the beginning of the season.
- He was an amateur.
- The event was called the Riga Open (2014/2015–2015/2016)
- The event was called the Haikou World Open (2011/2012–2013/2014)
- The event was called the Players Tour Championship Grand Finals (2011/2012–2015/2016)
- , World Snooker, 29 May 2014. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- Florax, Ron. , Cue Tracker. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "Brown Grasping Opportunities". World Snooker. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "Selby Suffers Liang Defeat". World Snooker. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "Oliver Brown 2014/2015". Snooker.org. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- "Mark Selby says his first victory as a dad was "special" after beating Oliver Brown 6–0 in the first round of the Coral UK Championship at the York Barbican". The Press (York). Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "Selby Keeps Hot Streak Going". World Snooker. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "Ranking History". Snooker.org. Retrieved 24 August 2018.
- Oliver Brown at CueTracker: Snooker Results & Statistics Database