28 October 1972 |
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, England, UK
|Spouse(s)||Zoe Tapper (2008–present)|
|Children||Ava Dimsdale (born April 2011)|
Early life and education
Born in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, he was brought up in Hertfordshire. Dimsdale is the son of a Swiss mother. He has a sister, Anna. He developed a stammer at age six which he has since partially brought under control through speech therapy. Dimsdale attended the Dragon School and then Eton College, and went on to study French and Economics at university. He trained at Guildhall School of Music and Drama, graduating in 1999.
Dimsdale began his performing career at the age of thirteen in a radio play for the BBC. He has lent his voice to the radio productions In The Company of Men and Sharp Focus. His film credits include RocknRolla (2008), Cosi (2010) and the short film Pest.
On television, he played the lead roles of Louis Trevelyan in the 2004 adaptation of He Knew He Was Right, and Dr Felix Quinn in the 2008 ITV1 medical drama Harley Street. He has also made guest appearances in Doctors, Casualty and Lark Rise to Candleford.
|2001||Doctors||James Byford||1 episode: Thin Ice|
|2003||The Inspector Lynley Mysteries||Mark Penellin||1 episode: A Suitable Vengeance|
|2003||Byron||Percy Bysshe Shelley||TV film|
|2004||He Knew He Was Right||Louis Trevelyan|
|2005||Dalziel and Pascoe||Danny Latimer||2 episodes: Dead Meat, Parts One and Two|
|2005||Casualty||Michael Mallins||1 episode: And On That Farm|
|2006||Nostradamus||Michael Nostradamus||TV film|
|2007||Fallen Angel||Michael Appleton|
|2008||Harley Street||Dr Felix Quinn|
|2009||Lark Rise to Candleford||George Ellison||1 episode: Episode 2.4|
|2009||Breaking the Mould||Ernst Chain||TV film|
|2013||Ambassadors||French Ambassador||TV series|
|2013||Downton Abbey (Christmas episode)||The Prince of Wales||TV series|
|2016||Father Brown||Ned Le Broc||Episode 4.7 "The Missing Man"|
|2003||Pest||Jonathan Kitcher||Short film|
|2008||RocknRolla||Posh Man in Shorts|
|2011||What You Will||Sir Toby Belch||Mockumentary|
|2015||Everybody's Gone to the Rapture||Stephen Appleton||Voice role|
- Water, Lyric Hammersmith, October - November 2007
- Pravda, Chichester Festival Theatre, September 2006 (playing Andrew May)
- The Caucasian Chalk Circle, Cottesloe Theatre, March - April 2006, (playing Fat Prince)
- Twelfth Night, Tricycle Theatre, September 2008 (playing Toby Belch)
- Debrett's People of Today, Oliver Dimsdale, Esq Profile Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "He Knew He Was Right" press pack: Oliver Dimsdale - Louis Trevelyan BBC Press Office. 2004-03-30.
- "Introducing Great Expectations" (PDF). Royal Exchange Theatre. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- Eton College – Famous Old Etonians – Drama See relevant listing.
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama: Acting graduates include… See relevant listing.
- Chichester Festival Theatre: What’s On: Oliver Dimsdale
- Didcock, Barry. "Free spirit: Zoe Tapper". Sunday Herald. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- Nominations for the M.E.N Theatre Awards 2002-11-15. Retrieved on 2009-06-29.
- Oliver Dimsdale | London Theatre Database