Hudson in September 2008
|Born||Oliver Rutledge Hudson
September 7, 1976
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Erinn Bartlett (m. 2006)|
|Relatives||Kate Hudson (sister)
Wyatt Russell (half-brother)
Brett Hudson (uncle)
Mark Hudson (uncle)
Oliver Rutledge Hudson (born September 7, 1976) is an American actor and model best known for his role as Adam Rhodes in the CBS comedy series Rules of Engagement (2007–13), and Jeff Fordham on the ABC musical drama series Nashville (2013–). He is the son of Goldie Hawn and Bill Hudson and brother of Kate Hudson.
Hudson was born in Los Angeles, California, to Goldie Hawn and musician Bill Hudson. After his parents divorced in 1980, he and his sister, actress Kate Hudson, were raised in Colorado by their mother and her partner, actor Kurt Russell. Hudson says that he considers Russell to be his father. He has four half-siblings: Emily and Zachary, from his biological father's marriage to actress, Cindy Williams; Lalania, from another of his father's relationships in 2006; and Wyatt, from his mother's relationship with Kurt Russell.
Hudson is of Italian (from his paternal grandmother), Hungarian Jewish (from his maternal grandmother), English, German, as well as very distant Dutch, descent. He is the cousin of singer Sarah Hudson.
Hudson appeared opposite his mother in 1999 comedy film The Out-of-Towners and later starred in several teen movies, like The Smokers, and Going Greek. In 2002 he played the lead role of The WB comedy series My Guide to Becoming a Rock Star. Hudson also appeared in recurring role opposite Katie Holmes as her love interest, Eddie Doling, in sixteen episodes of Dawson's Creek from 2002 to 2003.
Hudson starred in The WB series The Mountain from 2004 to 2005, show canceled after 13 episodes. In 2006 he starred in horror films The Breed and Black Christmas. He also starred with Claire Forlani in Lifetime movie Carolina Moon in 2007. From 2007 to 2013 Hudson starred as Adam Rhodes in the CBS sitcom Rules of Engagement (2007–2013).
In 2015, Hudson was cast as a series regular on the horror comedy anthology series Scream Queens playing Wes, the father of a college sorority pledge member. Oliver juggled both his role as Jeff on Nashville and his role as Wes on Scream Queens, since he had a one-year series regular deal with Nashville before it was renewed for a fourth season.
Hudson married Erinn Bartlett on June 9, 2006, in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. The ceremony was officiated by a Buddhist monk. The couple has two sons: Wilder Brooks Hudson, born August 23, 2007, and Bodhi Hawn Hudson, born March 19, 2010, and a daughter, Rio Laura, born in July 2013. He is also an avid golfer and plays to a 2-handicap. Hudson played in the 2005 World Series of Poker Main Event, but went broke on the very first hand, losing to 2003 runner-up, Sam Farha, who had a better Full House than Hudson.
|1999||Kill the Man||Revolutionary #1|
|1999||The Out-of-Towners||Alan Clark|
|2000||Rocket's Red Glare||Hank Baker|
|2001||Going Greek||Ziegler||Teen Choice Award for Best Movie Actor: Comedy|
|2002||New Best Friend||Josh|
|2003||As Virgins Fall||Corky Stevens|
|2005||Mr. Dramatic||Mr. Dramatic||Short film|
|2006||Black Christmas||Kyle Autry|
|2008||Strange Wilderness||TJ / Animal Handler|
|2013||Grown Ups 2||Kyle|
|2014||Walk of Shame||Kyle|
|2002||My Guide to Becoming a Rock Star||Jace Darnell||Series regular, 11 episodes|
|2002–2003||Dawson's Creek||Eddie Doling||Recurring role, 16 episodes|
|2004–2005||The Mountain||David Carver Jr.||Series regular, 13 episodes|
|2006||10.5: Apocalypse||Will Malloy||TV Movie|
|2007||The Weekend||Julian||TV pilot|
|2007||Carolina Moon||Cade Lavelle||TV Movie|
|2007–2013||Rules of Engagement||Adam Rhodes||Series regular, 100 episodes|
|2013–present||Nashville||Jeff Fordham||Recurring cast (Season 2, 4), Series regular (Season 3)|
|2015–present||Scream Queens||Wes||Main Role|
Awards and nominations
|2001||Teen Choice Award||Choice Movie Actor: Comedy Award shared with co-star Harvey Silver||Going Greek||Won|
- "Erinn Bartlett and Oliver Hudson Wedding". Celebrity Bride Guide. February 9, 2013. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- "Washington Post". Kate Hudson finds success fun, but hard earned. Retrieved July 12, 2006.[dead link]
- "Oliver Hudson". Movies.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- Bucksbaum, Sydney. "'Nashville' Season 2 casts Oliver Hudson as Rayna's new boss...and love interest?". Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "Oliver Hudson Joins 'Nashville' In Major Recurring Role". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "Oliver Hudson & Will Chase Promoted To Regular On ABC’s ‘Nashville’". Deadline. March 11, 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Oliver Hudson Joins ‘Scream Queens’ As Joe Manganiello Has To Pull Out". Deadline.com. March 13, 2015. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- Malkin, Marc (2007-03-27). "Breaking Baby News!". E! Online. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- Oliver Hudson : People.com
- "Oliver Hudson Welcomes Daughter Rio Laura – Moms & Babies – Moms & Babies - People.com". Celebritybabies.people.com. 2010-03-25. Retrieved 2013-10-03.