Hudson in 2008
Oliver Rutledge Hudson
September 7, 1976
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Erinn Bartlett (m. 2006)
|Parent(s)||Bill Hudson |
|Relatives||Kate Hudson (sister)|
Wyatt Russell (half-brother)
Mark Hudson (uncle)
Brett Hudson (uncle)
Sarah Hudson (cousin)
Oliver Rutledge Hudson (born September 7, 1976) is an American actor. He is known for his roles as Adam Rhodes in the CBS comedy series Rules of Engagement (2007–2013), Jeff Fordham on the ABC musical drama series Nashville (2013–2015) and Wes Gardner in the Fox horror comedy Scream Queens. He appeared as one of the main cast members of the ABC sitcom Splitting Up Together, produced by Ellen DeGeneres.
Hudson was born in Los Angeles to Academy Award-winning actress Goldie Hawn and musician Bill Hudson. After his parents divorced in 1980, he and his sister, actress Kate Hudson, were raised in Colorado by their mother and her partner, actor Kurt Russell. He has four half-siblings: Emily and Zachary, from his biological father's marriage to actress Cindy Williams; Lalania, from another of his father's relationships in 2006; and Wyatt, from his mother's relationship with Kurt Russell.
Hudson appeared opposite his mother in 1999 comedy film The Out-of-Towners and later starred in several teen movies, like The Smokers, and Going Greek. In 2002, he played the lead role of The WB comedy series My Guide to Becoming a Rock Star. Hudson also appeared in recurring role opposite Katie Holmes as her love interest, Eddie Doling, in sixteen episodes of Dawson's Creek from 2002 to 2003.
Hudson starred in The WB series The Mountain from 2004 to 2005; the show was canceled after 13 episodes. In 2006, he starred in horror films The Breed and Black Christmas. He also starred with Claire Forlani in Lifetime movie Carolina Moon in 2007. From 2007 to 2013, Hudson starred as Adam Rhodes in the CBS sitcom Rules of Engagement (2007–2013).
In 2015, Hudson was cast as a series regular on the horror comedy anthology series Scream Queens playing Wes Gardner, the father of a college sorority pledge member.
Hudson married actress Erinn Bartlett on June 9, 2006, in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. The ceremony was officiated by a Buddhist monk. The couple have three children: two sons, Wilder Brooks (born August 23, 2007) and Bodhi Hawn (born March 19, 2010), and a daughter, Rio Laura (born July 18, 2013).
|1999||Kill the Man||Revolutionary #1|
|1999||The Out-of-Towners||Alan Clark|
|2000||Rocket's Red Glare||Hank Baker|
|2002||New Best Friend||Josh|
|2003||As Virgins Fall||Corky Stevens|
|2005||Mr. Dramatic||Mr. Dramatic||Short film|
|2006||Black Christmas||Kyle Autry|
|2008||Strange Wilderness||TJ / Animal Handler|
|2013||Grown Ups 2||Kyle|
|2014||Walk of Shame||Kyle|
|2018||The Christmas Chronicles||Doug Pierce|
|2002||My Guide to Becoming a Rock Star||Jace Darnell||Series regular (11 episodes)|
|2002–2003||Dawson's Creek||Eddie Doling||16 episodes|
|2004–2005||The Mountain||David Carver Jr.||Series regular (13 episodes)|
|2006||10.5: Apocalypse||Will Malloy||Movie|
|2007||Carolina Moon||Cade Lavelle||Movie|
|2007–2013||Rules of Engagement||Adam Rhodes||Series regular (100 episodes)|
|2013–2015||Nashville||Jeff Fordham||Recurring: seasons 2, 4; regular: season 3 (40 episodes)|
|2015–2016||Scream Queens||Weston "Wes" Gardner||Main role: season 1 (12 Episodes); Recurring: season 2 (2 episodes)|
|2016||Journey Back to Christmas||Sheriff||Hallmark Movie|
|2018||Medal Of Honor||Etchberger||episode:"Richard Etchberger"|
|2018||The Guest Book||Paul||Episode:"Someplace Other Than Here"|
|2018–2019||Splitting Up Together||Martin||Main cast (26 episodes)|
Awards and nominations
|2001||Teen Choice Awards for Choice Movie Actor: Comedy (shared with co-star Harvey Silver)||Going Greek||Won|||
- "Oliver Hudson Biography: Actor (1976–)". Biography.com (FYI / A&E Networks). Archived from the original on November 29, 2015. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- "Oliver Hudson". Bio. Retrieved April 14, 2017.
- "Golden Child An Interview with Actress Kate Hudson". Irish Connections. Archived from the original on April 1, 2009. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- Fisher, Emily (May 14, 1975). "The Hudson Brothers Ensnarled into the 'Hollywood Situation'". The St. Petersburg Times. p. 2-D. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- Moore, Camille. "10 Things You Didn't Know about Oliver Hudson". Celebrity Toob. Celebrity Toob Copyright. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- "Oliver Hudson". Movies.yahoo.com. Retrieved October 3, 2013.
- Bucksbaum, Sydney. "'Nashville' Season 2 casts Oliver Hudson as Rayna's new boss...and love interest?". Archived from the original on August 2, 2013. Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "Oliver Hudson Joins 'Nashville' In Major Recurring Role". Deadline.com. Retrieved October 3, 2013.
- "Oliver Hudson & Will Chase Promoted To Regular On ABC's 'Nashville'". Deadline. March 11, 2014. Retrieved July 26, 2014.
- Aria Hughes, WWD. "Kate Hudson and Oliver Hudson Celebrate FL2 Launch." June 4, 2015.
- "Erinn Bartlett and Oliver Hudson Wedding". Celebrity Bride Guide. February 9, 2013. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- Malkin, Marc (March 27, 2007). "Breaking Baby News!". E! Online. Retrieved March 27, 2007.
- Oliver Hudson : People.com
- "Oliver Hudson Welcomes Daughter Rio Laura". People. March 25, 2010. Retrieved October 3, 2013.
- Lee, Bernard. "The top 10 hands from 2000 to 2009". ESPN. Retrieved April 14, 2017.
- "Going Greek - Awards". IMDb. Retrieved April 14, 2017.