Oliver Langford is an English referee and officiates primarily in the championship. He is not in the Select Group of match officials but is, however, on the Group Two list and trained in the use of Video Assisted Refereeing, which means he is qualified to take charge of an elite league match. He has been a referee since 2009.
He made his Premier League debut on 18 August 2019, when he was scheduled to be the fourth official in Chelsea's home match against Leicester, after Match Official Graham Scott was stuck in Traffic on the M40. Although Scott arrived at the ground, he missed the warm-up, meaning that he had to be replaced by Langford. The match finished in a 1 - 1 draw.
- "O. Langford - Soccerway". Soccerway.com. Retrieved 27 September 2019.
- "Oliver Langford Referee Profile | Premier League". www.premierleague.com. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- "Oliver Langford - Matches as referee". worldfootball.net. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- "Oli Langford". efl.com. Retrieved 2019-08-25.
- "Langford Football Referee". football-lineups.com. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- "Dudley referee steps in to make Premier League debut at Chelsea FC". Dudley News. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- Richards, Alex (2019-08-18). "Chelsea vs Leicester hit by referee farce in embarrassment for Premier League". mirror. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- "Oliver Langford | Latest Football Betting Odds | Soccer Base". www.soccerbase.com. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- "Chelsea-Leicester clash sees last-minute referee change". www.aa.com.tr. Retrieved 2019-08-20.