|Born||June 29, 1969
|Occupation||President, Metablocks, Inc
|Spouse(s)||Jennifer Muoto (2001–present)|
Oliver Muoto (born 1969) is a Polish-born entrepreneur responsible for co-founding several early stage companies including vFlyer, Epicentric and RandomNoise. Muoto served a number of startup advisory boards including those of eGroups, ActiveTelco, Become.com and MerchantCircle.
Born to a Nigerian father and Polish mother, he moved to Los Angeles in 1988 to enroll at the University of Southern California. He received his bachelor's degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering and minor in Marketing from University of Southern California in 1993 where he was involved in at least two on-campus startups. He moved to Silicon Valley in 1993 to join Coactive Computing.
In 1998, he began working on a project called PalmPoint. The project eventually led to the founding of Epicentric. Innovacom Ventures, JP Morgan, ScotiaBank, Bessemer, Autodesk, New Vista Capital, Motorola and others passed on Epicentric before it was acquired by Vignette in 2002.
In 2002, Muoto co-founded vFlyer a provider of marketing solutions aimed at helping online sellers and sales professionals syndicate and distribute their product and service listings more effectively on the web.
He also helped launch PayDemocracy. ActiveTelco (acquired by Tut Systems), and TagWorld (acquired by Viacom/MTV), a social network based in Los Angeles. In 2001, Muoto was also granted a key patent (US Patent # 6,327,628) related to enterprise portal software. He is currently president of Metablocks, social media and web technology solutions provider to the music and entertainment industries.
- Eric Ransdell (April 2002). "Portals for the People". Fast Company. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- Outlook Ventures Portfolio - http://www.outlookventures.com/portfolio.html
- Jennifer Mears (2002-10-29). "Vignette to acquire Epicentric portal developer". Computer World.
- Bob Tedeschi (October 2, 2006). "Wanted: A Way to Profit by Simplifying Web Classifieds". New York Times. Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- WSJ Article
- TechCrunch - https://techcrunch.com/2007/09/13/viacom-launches-broad-desentralized-social-networking-strategy-called-flux/
- Business Wire (December 4, 2001). "Epicentric Granted Patent on Administration of Portal User Privileges". Business Wire. Retrieved 2008-05-27.