|Subsidiary of Luxottica Group S.p.a.|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, CA, United States|
Number of locations
|30 retail stores|
|Products||Eyewear and Sunglasses|
Oliver Peoples is an American luxury eyewear brand established in 1987, and owned by Luxottica. The brand is sold in Oliver Peoples boutiques, online, and at fashion boutiques and department stores throughout the world. Oliver Peoples eyewear is designed on LA’s Sunset Boulevard and handcrafted in Italy and Japan.
The company opened its first boutique in West Hollywood, California and appeared on the cover of German Vogue in 1987. The design house is also the official licensee of Paul Smith Spectacles. The brand has been featured in numerous fashion magazines, including GQ, Vogue, Elle, L'Uomo Vogue, Esquire and Vanity Fair. Characterized by subtle detailing, retro aesthetics and high-quality materials, their frames are popular with celebrities, including Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Tom Cruise. Recently celebrating thirty years in the industry, the brand remains highly influential, creating campaigns that deploy film, music and designer collaborations that communicate a lifestyle that is distinctly Los Angeles.
In popular culture
In the 2000 film American Psycho, the protagonist Patrick Bateman mentions that his yuppie colleague, Marcus Halberstram, has the same penchant for Oliver Peoples glasses as he does. Bateman and several of his colleagues are then depicted as each owning an identical pair of the same Peoples' frame. 
In the Season 6 finale of the show Entourage, Vincent Chase and Johnny Chase are seen buying sunglasses from the flagship Oliver Peoples store on Sunset Boulevard, before their trip to Italy, where they also run into actor Matt Damon.
In the show Damages, the main character Patty Hewes, as portrayed by Glenn Close, wears the Oliver Peoples O'Malley sunglasses. As of July 2013, Close has auctioned off her signature glasses on eBay, in efforts to raise funds for her charity.
Then-Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard wore Ashton in Red Tortoise Gradient, initially at the National Press Club, announcing the date for the 2013 Federal Election starting the longest election campaign (9 months) in Australia's history.
- "LA Magazine". February 13, 2013.
- Chad Bray and Elizabeth Paton, >Luxottica, Owner of Ray-Ban, in $49 Billion Merger With Essilor The New York Times 2017/01/16
- Kara Baskin, Oliver Peoples is the latest eyewear retailer to focus on the Prudential Center Boston Globe, May 5, 2017
- "Oliver Peoples". June 2014.
- "Oliver Peoples". June 2014.
- "Oliver Peoples Press". oliverpeoples.com. June 23, 2014.
- "Oliver Peoples Celebrity Sightings". Pinterest. June 23, 2014.
- Carpio, Audrey (February 8, 2013). "Meet the Man Responsible for the Retro Eyewear Trend".
- White, Ronald (February 2006). "Oakley Buys Luxury Eyewear Maker".
- "Oakley To Merge Into Luxottica Group For Us$29.30 Per Share". Luxottica. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- Farr, Malcolm (2013-01-30). "Julia Gillard announces federal election date". News.com.au. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
|This retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|