|Subsidiary of Luxottica Group S.p.a.|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, CA, United States|
Number of locations
|8 retail stores|
|Products||Eyewear and Sunglasses|
Oliver Peoples is an American luxury eyewear brand, established in 1986 by Ken Schwartz and Larry Leight. The company opened its first boutique in West Hollywood, CA and appeared on the cover of German Vogue in 1987. The design house now includes a number of brands, including Oliver Peoples Eyewear, Paul Smith Spectacles and most recently Oliver Peoples WEST. In addition to being sold in Oliver Peoples boutiques and via oliverpeoples.com, the eyewear can be found in a variety of notable fashion boutiques and department stores throughout the world.
The brand has been featured in numerous fashion magazines, including GQ, Vogue, Elle, L'Uomo Vogue, Esquire and Vanity Fair. Characterized by subtle detailing, retro aesthetics and high-quality materials, their frames are popular with celebrities, including Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Tom Cruise. Recently celebrating twenty-five years in the industry, the brand remains highly influential, creating campaigns that deploy film, music and designer collaborations that communicate a lifestyle that is distinctly Los Angeles.
In the 2000 film American Psycho, the protagonist Patrick Bateman mentions that his yuppie colleague, Marcus Halberstram, has the same penchant for Oliver Peoples glasses as he does. Bateman and several of his colleagues are then depicted as each owning an identical pair of the same Peoples' frame. 
In the Season 6 finale of the show Entourage, Vincent Chase and Johnny Chase are seen buying sunglasses from the flagship Oliver Peoples store on Sunset Boulevard, before their trip to Italy, where they also run into actor Matt Damon.
In the show Damages, the main character Patty Hewes, as portrayed by Glenn Close, wears the Oliver Peoples O'Malley sunglasses. As of July 2013, Close has auctioned off her signature glasses on eBay, in efforts to raise funds for her charity.
Former Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard recently started wearing Ashton in Red Tortoise Gradient, initially at the National Press Club, where she announced September 14 as the date for the 2013 Federal Election starting the longest election campaign (9 months) in Australia's history.
- "LA Magazine". February 13, 2013.
- "Oliver Peoples". June 2014.
- "Oliver Peoples". June 2014.
- "Oliver Peoples Press". oliverpeoples.com. June 23, 2014.
- "Oliver Peoples Celebrity Sightings". Pinterest. June 23, 2014.
- Carpio, Audrey (February 8, 2013). "Meet the Man Responsible for the Retro Eyewear Trend".
- White, Ronald (February 2006). "Oakley Buys Luxury Eyewear Maker".
- "Glenn Close "Damages" Wardrobe Oliver Peoples O'Malley Round Sunglasses". eBay. 2013-07-19. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- Farr, Malcolm (2013-01-30). "Julia Gillard announces federal election date". News.com.au. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
|This retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|