|Born||1960 (age 56–57)
Cape Town, South Africa
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
His film Mapantsula was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 1988 Cannes Film Festival. His 2010 film Life, Above All was also screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival and it was selected as the South African entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 83rd Academy Awards. It made the shortlist of nominations announced in January 2011.
- Mapantsula (1988)
- Hijack Stories (2000)
- Paris, je t'aime (2006)
- Life, Above All (2010)
- Shepherds and Butchers (2016)
- Black Reel Awards 2012 Nominated
- Black Reel Outstanding Foreign Film
- Dubai International Film Festival2010 Won
- Durban International Film Festival 2010 Won Best South African Film
- Muhr Asia Africa Special Jury Prize Feature Oliver Schmitz Nominated
- Muhr AsiaAfrica Award Best Film - Feature Oliver Schmitz
- Image Awards 2012 Nominated Image Award Outstanding Foreign Motion Picture
- Leo Awards 2011 Won Leo Best Screenwriting in a Feature Length DramaDennis Foon
- National Board of Review, USA 2010 Won NBR Award Top Five Foreign Films
- "Festival de Cannes: Mapantsula". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-07-30.
- "65 Countries Enter Race for 2010 Foreign Language Film Oscar". oscars.org. Retrieved 2010-10-16.
- "9 Foreign Language Films Continue to Oscar Race". oscars.org. Retrieved 2011-01-19.
|This article about a South African film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|