|Birth name||Olivia Louvel|
|Genres||Electronic, Experimental, Art Pop|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, Producer, Vocalist, Visual artist|
|Instruments||Laptop and Voice|
|Labels||Cat Werk Imprint, Optical Sound, Angelika koehlermann, Ici, d'ailleurs..., Parallel Series|
|Associated acts||Paul Kendall, Alan Wilder, Recoil, The Digital Intervention|
Olivia Louvel is a French-born, British composer, producer and artist whose work draws on voice, computer music and digital narrative. In 2011, she won the Qwartz Album Award at the Qwartz Electronic Music Awards for 'Doll Divider'.
She operates on the frontier of art and electronic music. Her work also ranges from video art to live performance. She has opened for artists such as Planningtorock at the Earsthetic Festival Brighton Dome, Japanese avant-garde artist Phew (singer) and Recoil for various concerts on the European 'Selected' tour.
Initially trained in classical singing, she began to work as a singer for the renowned flying trapeze circus 'Les Arts Sauts' performing at 12 metres in the air a Meredith Monk composition 'Madwoman’s vision'. She toured with them for 3 years. From 1996 to 1999, she attended the National Superior Conservatory of Dramatic Arts of Paris, and graduated in 1999.
- Luna Parc Hotel (2006)
- Lulu In Suspension (2008)
- Doll Divider (2010 + 2011)
Initially released as a digital version on Ototoi Music / Optical Sound. 'Doll Divider' was originally inspired by A4 paintings which she made using pages from fashion magazines and repainting on top of the photos of the models. Collectively these paintings are called "Processed Dolls". Following her Qwartz Album Award in 2011, she created her label Cat Werk Imprint. 'Doll Divider' was re-released as a limited edition vinyl, enhanced and remastered version, catalogue number CW01.
- ō, music for haiku (2012)
A minimal soundtrack based on haiku by poet Bashō released on Cat Werk Imprint. The limited Edition CD is adorned with a hand-drawn 'Magic Fish Dog', a character invented by Olivia Louvel  The project 'ō, music for haiku' was originally performed in its first incarnation at Festival En Boite, Lyon (F) in the electronic bandstand designed by Cocktail Designers.
- Beauty Sleep (2014)
- Data Regina (2017)
"A multimedia suite by composer Olivia Louvel digs deep into the psychic warfare between two 16th century British Queens"  A digital transpositon inspired by the reigns of Mary Queen of Scots and Elizabeth I. As well as the publication of a CD, there is a dedicated website featuring 3D animations. www.dataregina.com
Collaborations & Other projects
In 2016, she contributed a moving audio-visual project 'Afraid Of Women' to #Rojava, a female:pressure campaign curated by Antye Greie-Ripatti that aims to show solidarity and raise awareness for a special de facto autonomous zone in northern Syria.
With Paul Kendall as The Digital Intervention, they produced the piece 'When the sea will rise II' for Acoustic Cameras, a project which invites sound artists to annex the real-time flow of webcams located in various places around the world. 
Along with Daria Baiocchi, Fiona Hallinan, La Cosa Preziosa, Vicky Langan, Úna Lee, Jenn Kirby, Claudia Molitor, Gráinne Mulvey and Rachel Ní Chuinn, Louvel contributed to the collaborative art project 'Mean Time' with her composition ' 25 minutes and 21 seconds'. The event was broadcast live on Nova, RTÉ Lyric FM from Richmond Barracks, Dublin, clawing back time lost in 1916.
An early version of 'o music for haiku' was screened at the Festival Electron in 2008.
She produced several video clips to accompany her releases: For'Lulu in Suspension' (2008), she filmed herself within projections of a montage of Louise Brooks'. In 2011, she produced the video 'Army Of Dolls' in which she appears, her head hidden in a paper bag mask, along with projections of her 'Doll Divider' art. In 2012,' Night and Day' for her cover of the Cole Porter song. Also she directed a promotional film for Paul Kendall's release 'Angleterror'.
In 2014, she produced a series of 7 short experimental films for her sound art project 'Beauty Sleep'.
- Data Regina. 02.2017. Digipak CD (DVD size)
- Beauty Sleep. 09.2014. Digipak CD (DVD size)
- ō , music for haiku. 12.2012. CD with hand drawn artwork & digital
- Doll Divider. 06.2011. 12" Vinyl & digital (Enhanced & remastered version)
- Doll Divider. 02.2010. Digital
- Lulu In Suspension. 01.2008. Deluxe digipak CD & digital
- Luna Parc Hotel. 03.2006. Digipak CD with booklet
- Bats by Night. 02.2015. Digital
- Capture as The Digital Intervention ( with Paul Kendall). 2003. CD
- Pussy Riot Freedom by female:pressure 
- Music, Awareness & Solidarity w/ Rojava Revolution by female:pressure 
- Qwartz Album Award for 'Doll Divider'. Qwartz Electronic Music Awards/ Prix Internationaux des Musiques Nouvelles. 2011
- SACD Laureate / Prix de la SACD. Société des Auteurs et Compositeurs Dramatiques. 2011
- Prix Ars Electronica Digital music & Sound Art category for 'ō, music for haiku'. 2013
- Grant for the Arts. Arts Council England for 'Data Regina'. 2016
- Grant for the Arts. Arts Council England for 'Beauty Sleep'. 2014
- "earsthetic Planningtorock". brightondome.org. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- "'Luna Parc Hotel' on Angelika Köhlermann". angelika.koehlermann.at. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- "'Lulu In Suspension' on Optical Sound". Optical-sound.com. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- "LISTEN: Olivia Louvel-Doll Maker". Thequietus.com. 20 May 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "o, music for haiku". olivialouvel.com. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Festival En Boite". bm-lyon.fr. 1 April 2007. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- "Cocktail Designers’ music furniture". lespressesdureel.com. 26 November 2010. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "INTERVIEW: Olivia Louvel". thequietus.com. 16 November 2015. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "The multimedia artist’s latest project pits queen against queen. By Abi Bliss". thewire.co.uk. 1 February 2017. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- ""The Digital Intervention (Paul Kendall, Olivia Louvel) – Capture" release". icidailleurs.com. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- "EB radio presents Olivia Louvel". electronicbeats. 10 December 2014. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "Is The Islamic State ‘Afraid Of Women’?". electronicbeats. 20 February 2016. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "Acoustic Cameras". acousticcameras. 10 February 2016. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- ""FIONA BRICE shares Gonjasufi ‘Glastonbury’ remix" release". bellaunion.com. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- ""Sound Art celebrates the female revolutionary spirit"". thesampler.org. Retrieved 22 January 2017.
- "Paul Kendall's new album – 'Angleterror'". blog.recoil.co.uk. 1 October 2011. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "All-female EDM and digital art collective female:pressure have released a new compilation album in aid of Pussy Riot.". thegirlsare.com. 13 December 2013. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "female:pressure release Rojava Revolution compilation for International Women’s Day". factmag.com. 8 March 2016. Retrieved 23 April 2016.
- "Qwartz Award Winners Announced". Thewire.co.uk. 7 April 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "Qwartz Electronic Music Awards – Home". Qwartz.org. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- "Qwartz – Paris Réseau international pour les musiques électroniques et nouvelles". Sacd.fr. 3 April 2011. Retrieved 23 January 2013.