|Born||February 28, 1986|
New York City, U.S.
|Alma mater||The New School|
Olivia Palermo (born February 28, 1986) is an American socialite, fashion influencer and entrepreneur. Palermo gained celebrity when she sued socialiterank.com for releasing a letter that was proven to be false. It made a news story on New York Magazine on May 4, 2007.
Palermo was born in New York City and grew up on the Upper East Side and in Greenwich, Connecticut. Her father is a real estate developer and her mother is an interior designer. She has a younger brother, Grant. Palermo attended elementary school at Nightingale-Bamford School in Manhattan and high school at the St. Luke's School in New Canaan, Connecticut. She attended the American University of Paris and The New School. She is of Italian descent. Palermo grew up with a learning disability. Palermo interned at Quest magazine. Photographer Patrick McMullan spotted her at an auction, then took pictures of her about town. Palermo began taking part in the charity event circuit in New York, becoming a member of the Friends Committee of New Yorkers For Children and joining the committee of Operation Smile.
Palermo began her career as part of MTV's television show, The City. The series aired for two seasons from 2008 until 2010, and focused on the personal and professional lives of several young women residing in New York City. As part of the show, Palermo worked for Diane von Fürstenberg and later in the accessories department for Elle magazine.
In 2009, Palermo signed with the talent agency Wilhelmina International Inc. to focus full-time on development of her brand. She became a guest editor for the Gap's now-defunct Piperlime.com in 2011 and appeared as a guest judge on Project Runway Season 9. In 2010, Palermo modeled for the Autumn/Winter campaigns by Mango and Hogan. In October 2011, Palermo launched her personal website, which consists of editorial content about fashion, beauty and lifestyle written by full-time writers and contributing editors. She also appeared as a guest judge on Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model Season 7. Later in 2012, the New York Post named Palermo as the best dressed New Yorker of Page Six. Palermo appeared on the August 2018 cover of Glamour Mexico and has shot editorials for magazines, including Grazia Australia and ¡Hola! Fashion Magazine. She was also on the cover of Cosmopolitan, InStyle, Elle, Flare, Marie Claire, Arcadia, Lucky, Brides, Harper's Bazaar, L'Officiel, Tatler and Stella. Palermo has been the face of mid-range brands such as Aerin, Max&Co, and Banana Republic.
In 2010, Palermo launched a co-branded, limited jewelry collection with Roberta Freymann and became the face of the Mediterraneo collection by Spanish jewelry brand Carrera y Carrera. In August 2011, Palermo was invited by Stuart Weitzman to design a shoe for charity. Later in 2014, she designed a line of sunglasses for American brand Westward Leaning, and a percentage of each sale went to support the Association for Development, Alternative Commerce, and Micro Credits's Masaai Project. Also in 2014, Palermo collaborated with Italian shoe label Aquazzura on a line of footwear.
In 2015, Palermo collaborated on collections with luxury leather and accessories brand Aspinal of London, the American jewelry and accessories brand Baublebar, and makeup company Ciaté London. Palermo's collaboration with Ciaté featured a line of makeup and nail polish, including a shade of red inspired by her mother. She went on to partner with Nordstrom on a fashion line in 2016 and with Banana Republic in 2017.
In 2017, Palermo worked with accessory brand Meli Melo on a collection title, Severine. The London brand, known for their high-quality materials and craftsmanship, collaborated with Palermo to create a modern spin on a bucket bag. The bag, which came in five different shades, was modeled after the sculptural works of late architect and artist, Max Bill.
Palermo was named the brand ambassador of the 2013 and 2014 Maasai Project for Pikolinos. In September 2016, Banana Republic announced Palermo as the brand's first Women's Global Style Ambassador through 2017.
Palermo married German model Johannes Huebl in June 2014.
|Film and television roles|
|2008–10||The City||Herself||35 episodes|
|2011||Britain's Next Top Model||Herself||Episode: "Episode #7.10"|
|2011||Project Runway||Herself / Guest Judge||Episode: "Sew '70s"|
|2011||The Smurfs||Party Guest||Film|
- Rose, Hilary (December 3, 2016). "Olivia Palermo: the ultimate social-media influencer". The Times. ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved August 2, 2019.
- Diderich, Joelle (February 13, 2019). "EXCLUSIVE: Karl Lagerfeld Taps Olivia Palermo to Style Fall Looks". WWD. Retrieved August 2, 2019.
- "Watch: Olivia Palermo Shares Her Best Fall Fashion Hacks - Video Flare". www.flare.com. Retrieved August 2, 2019.
- Mulkerrins, Jane (March 23, 2017). "How Olivia Palermo can sell out clothes in minutes". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- "Olivia Palermo on her struggle growing up with a learning disability". Evening Standard. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- Wilner, Isaiah (May 7, 2007), "The Number-One Girl", New York Magazine, retrieved November 4, 2009
- Kurutz, Steven (January 14, 2020). "Olivia Palermo got a lot out of that internship". The New York Times. Retrieved April 12, 2020.
- "Olivia Palermo On Building a Brand". Observer. February 11, 2015. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- Brady, Sasha (May 4, 2017). "Olivia Palermo: 'Everything was harder for me because I grew up with a learning disability'". The Independent. Retrieved April 12, 2020.
- Jones, Dolly (February 10, 2010). "Olivia Palermo biography (Vogue.com UK)". Vogue.co.uk. Retrieved August 31, 2010.
- "Olivia Palermo Reveals What The Cameras DIDN'T Show On 'The City'". MTV News. Retrieved July 13, 2018.
- "'The City' canceled? Whitney Port tells Ryan Seacrest it's over". EW.com. Retrieved July 13, 2018.
- "'The City': Olivia Palermo says she's 'disappointed' being the villain". LA Times Blogs - Show Tracker. March 10, 2009. Retrieved July 13, 2018.
- Jessen, Monique (June 23, 2009), Olivia Palermo Joins Wilhelmina Modeling Agency!, Time Inc., retrieved November 5, 2009
- "Exclusive: Piperlime Guest Editor Olivia Palermo Shares Her Spring Must-Haves". Who What Wear. Retrieved May 16, 2018.
- Spirko, Craig (September 29, 2011), Sew '70s, Heidi Klum, Tim Gunn, Michael Kors, retrieved May 16, 2018
- Odell, Amy (February 29, 2012). "Olivia Palermo and Her Boyfriend to Star Alongside Scarlett Johansson As the Faces of Mango – The Cut". Nymag.com. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- "Photo: See Olivia Palermo Model For Hogan!". Style.mtv.com. August 23, 2010. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- "Olivia Palermo". ExposedZippers. October 17, 2011. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- Episode #7.10, Elle Macpherson, Fearne Cotton, Julien MacDonald Adler, September 5, 2011, retrieved May 16, 2018CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Flashback 2012: Olivia Palermo Named Page Six’s Best Dressed New Yorker | Oregon Prep & Liberal." Oregon Prep & Liberal. Web. Feb 8, 2014.
- "Olivia Palermo dolls it up - New York Post." YouTube. Web. Feb 8, 2014.
- "Olivia for Grazia Australia | Olivia Palermo". oliviapalermo.com. Retrieved November 3, 2018.
- "BTS: Olivia x ¡Hola! Fashion Magazine | Olivia Palermo". oliviapalermo.com. Retrieved November 3, 2018.
- "Olivia for GLAMOUR Mexico | Olivia Palermo". oliviapalermo.com. Retrieved November 3, 2018.
- Martins, Marta (April 30, 2015). "The Olivia Palermo Lookbook : Olivia Palermo Magazine Covers". The Olivia Palermo Lookbook. Retrieved November 3, 2018.
- "Roberta By Olivia Palermo's Bib Necklaces Are Now Available On Matches". Retrieved May 16, 2018.
- "Lady Gaga – Olivia Palermo – Carrera y Carrera : InStyle.com What's Right Now". News.instyle.com. July 29, 2011. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- Alexander, Ella. "Palermo Designs". www.vogue.co.uk. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- "Olivia Palermo Designs Collection for Westward Leaning Sunglasses". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved May 16, 2018.
- Pikolinos: Maasai. Maasai.pikolinos.com. Retrieved on December 30, 2013.
- Kilcooley-O'Halloran, Scarlett. "Palermo Turns Shoe Designer". Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- "Olivia Palermo Adds Handbag Designer to Her Resume". ELLE. March 31, 2015. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- "Exclusive: See Olivia Palermo's Full BaubleBar Collection". ELLE. September 29, 2015. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- "Exclusive: First Look at the Olivia Palermo x Ciaté London Makeup Collection". Harper's BAZAAR. August 11, 2015. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- "Nordstrom Launches Exclusive 'Olivia Palermo + Chelsea28' Collection - Press Room - Nordstrom.com". press.nordstrom.com. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- Banana Republic Announces Olivia Palermo As Global Style Ambassador Press Release - Gap Inc.; September 9, 2016
- "Olivia Palermo x Meli Melo Collection | Olivia Palermo". oliviapalermo.com. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- Boyd, Sarah. "Stylish Sips With Style Icon Olivia Palermo". Forbes. Retrieved May 16, 2018.
- Saad, Nardine. "Olivia Palermo marries Johannes Huebl, rocks shorts on her big day". latimes.com. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Olivia Palermo.|