Olivier Fourdan is the creator of the Xfce desktop environment, for which development began at the end of 1996.
He started his career as a new technologies production engineer as well as in web development and embedded Linux systems.
Fourdan has been working for Red Hat since 2007, interrupted by 2 years at Intel during 2013 and 2014. As of 2017, he is active in the adoption of Wayland, working on many different components, amongst them GTK, Mutter, GNOME Control Center, XWayland, and Mesa3D.
- ^ Borchers, Detlef (24 July 2011). "Programmieren zum Wohl der Menschheit" [Programming for the benefit of mankind]. faz.net (in German). Retrieved 9 November 2014.
- ^ La historia de Linux: nacimiento, crecimiento y madurez de un pingüino, malavida, 2015-08-28.
- ^ Then, Ewdison (6 February 2009). "Xfce creator talks Linux, Moblin, netbooks and open-source". SlashGear. Retrieved 9 November 2014.
- ^ Oliver Fourdan currently open on Gnome bug tracker, accessed 2017-01-28.
- ^ Oliver Fourdan submitted patches at Gnome Bugtracker, accessed 2017-01-28.
- ^ Patches from Olivier Fourdan on Freedekstop.org, accessed: 2017-01-28.