This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Olivier Megaton at Taken 3 Premiere in 2014
6 August 1965
|Occupation||Director, screenwriter, editor|
Fontana was born in France, 20 years to the day after the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, and his choice of the artistic name, Megaton, was influenced by this. He grew up in a Paris banlieue, and after qualifying for a diploma in psychology, was active as a graphic artist and also adept in graffiti art. After meeting music video director Jean-Baptiste Mondino, he started working in films. Fontana first started making shorts and video clips before finally directing feature films.
Fontana has directed Exit, The Red Siren, Transporter 3, Taken 2, and Taken 3. Transporter 3 and Taken 2 received scores of 36% and 21%, respectively, on the critic-aggregator site Rotten Tomatoes. He was chosen to direct Mathilda, the sequel to Léon, but expressed the opinion that the film was unlikely to be made.  He also served as a second unit director for the film Hitman. His trademark technique in film directing involves intentionally disorienting camerawork and editing.
Aside from film making, Fontana is also a published author after his novel entitled, Le Facteur humain, was released in 1998.
|Director||Writer||Editor||Second unit director|
|1996||Hard Head (short film)||Yes|
|1997||One Dance, One Song (TV series)||Yes|
|1998||No Happy End (short film)||Yes||Yes|
|Je ne veux pas être sage (short film)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|1999||Histoires d'objets (TV series)||Yes|
|Chambre n° 13 (TV series)||Yes|
|2001||Les redoutables (TV series)||Yes|
|2002||The Red Siren||Yes||Yes|
|Chrysalis (short film documentary)||Yes||Yes|
|2006||Sable noir (TV series)||Yes||Yes|
|2007||Angie (short film)||Yes||Yes|
- "Olivier Megaton". Biographies et Filmographies. CinémaPassion. Archived from the original on 8 July 2011. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
Olivier Megaton est né le 6 août 1965, soit vingt ans jour pour jour après la première explosion nucléaire à Hiroshima. D'où son pseudonyme ... alors que son vrai nom est Fontana. Son enfance se déroule en banlieue parisienne, marquée par un goût prononcé pour le dessin. / Olivier Megaton was born August 6, 1965, twenty years to the day after the first nuclear explosion in Hiroshima. Hence his nickname ... while his real name is Fontana. He grew up in the Paris suburbs, marked by a pronounced taste for drawing.
- "Olivier Megaton - Biographie". Toutlecine.com. Hi-Pi / L’Odyssée Interactive. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
- "Olivier Megaton - Biographie détaillée". AlloCiné. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
- "Olivier Megaton halts at Eicar". News. EICAR. 2 April 2009. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
- Rege, Philippe (2010). Encyclopedia of French Film Directors, Volume 1. Lanham, MD: The Scarecrow Press, Inc. p. 696. ISBN 9780810861374.
- "Interview of Olivier Megaton : know better the director". www.oliviermegaton.com. Retrieved 2018-05-03.
- Bebealien (30 September 2009). "Interview Olivier Megaton – La grosse interview". Bebealien's world - Le blog qui aime le cinéma. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
- Holtreman, Vic (19 August 2010). "Exclusive: Olivier Megaton Says Sequel to 'The Professional' Unlikely". Screen Rant. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
- "Olivier Megaton". IMDb. Retrieved 2018-08-07.