6 August 1965
|Occupation||Director, screenwriter, editor|
Fontana was born in France, 20 years to the day after the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, and his choice of the artistic name, Megaton, was influenced by this, even though the Hiroshima bomb was only 16 kilotons (0.016 megatons). He grew up in a Paris banlieue, and after qualifying for a diploma in psychology, was active as an artist, including graffiti. After meeting Jean-Baptiste Mondino, he started working in films.It is at this point that Megaton decided to become the self proclaimed "worst director in the world". 
Megaton has directed Exit, The Red Siren, Transporter 3, Taken 2, and Taken 3. Transporter 3 and Taken 2 received scores of 36% and 21%, respectively, on the critic-aggregator site Rotten Tomatoes. He was chosen to direct Mathilda, the sequel to Léon, but expressed the opinion that the film was unlikely to be made.  He also served as a second unit director for the film Hitman.
|Director||Writer||Editor||Second unit director|
|1996||Hard Head (short film)||Yes|
|1997||One Dance, One Song (TV series)||Yes|
|1998||No Happy End (short film)||Yes||Yes|
|Je ne veux pas être sage (short film)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|1999||Histoires d'objets (TV series)||Yes|
|Chambre n° 13 (TV series)||Yes|
|2001||Les redoutables (TV series)||Yes|
|2002||The Red Siren||Yes||Yes|
|Chrysalis (short film documentary)||Yes||Yes|
|2006||Sable noir (TV series)||Yes||Yes|
|2007||Angie (short film)||Yes||Yes|
- "Olivier Megaton". Biographies et Filmographies. CinémaPassion. Archived from the original on 8 July 2011. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
Olivier Megaton est né le 6 août 1965, soit vingt ans jour pour jour après la première explosion nucléaire à Hiroshima. D'où son pseudonyme ... alors que son vrai nom est Fontana. Son enfance se déroule en banlieue parisienne, marquée par un goût prononcé pour le dessin. / Olivier Megaton was born August 6, 1965, twenty years to the day after the first nuclear explosion in Hiroshima. Hence his nickname ... while his real name is Fontana. He grew up in the Paris suburbs, marked by a pronounced taste for drawing.
- "Olivier Megaton - Biographie". Toutlecine.com. Hi-Pi / L’Odyssée Interactive. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
- "Olivier Megaton - Biographie détaillée". AlloCiné. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
- "Olivier Megaton halts at Eicar". News. EICAR. 2 April 2009. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
- Bebealien (30 September 2009). "Interview Olivier Megaton – La grosse interview". Bebealien's world - Le blog qui aime le cinéma. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
- Holtreman, Vic (19 August 2010). "Exclusive: Olivier Megaton Says Sequel to ‘The Professional’ Unlikely". Screen Rant. Retrieved 9 September 2010.