Olivier Zahm (born September 1963 in Paris, France) is a French fashion journalist, blogger, photographer, and magazine editor. He is the founder, owner and editor of the French fashion and culture magazine Purple.
Olivier Zahm worked as a freelance arts journalist contributing to Artforum, Flash Art, Art Press and Texte Zur Kunst during the 1980s and early 1990s. Zahm is an art curator and has selected exhibitions for PS1, MoMA, and Centre Pompidou.
In 1992, Zahm founded Purple Prose magazine (1992–1998) with Elein Fleiss—the publication has also evolved spin-offs like Purple Fiction (1992–1998), Purple Sexe (1998–2001), Purple magazine (1998–2003), Purple Journal (2004–present), Purple Fashion (1995–1998, 2004–present), and Purple Books, a publishing house. The Purple Anthology was published by Rizzoli in 2008, encompassing the first 15 years of Purple.
The "realistic", sometimes dubbed "anti-fashion"-, aesthetics of Purple was a reaction against the glamour of the 80’s, and can be linked with the global counterculture of that time, with the work of Juergen Teller, Terry Richardson, Wolfgang Tillmans, and Mario Sorrenti.
Since 2004, Zahm has been editor-in-chief of Purple Fashion, a biannual magazine attempting to bridge the worlds of art and fashion. Zahm also runs the Paris-based think tank Purple Institute, an art direction society and consulting company aimed at creating links between the art world and industry. He also created "La communauté des amants".
Zahm presented at Semi-Permanent Los Angeles in 2013.
Zahm has a son, Balthus, with Natacha Ramsay-Levi, and a daughter, Asia, with Anna Dubosc, a contributor to his blog and magazine. He is currently dating American model and designer Amanda Wall. 
- "For Fashion’s Bad Boy, No Secrets". The New York Times. 4 November 2010. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- Urken, Ross Kenneth (11 February 2014). "Purple Editor Olivier Zahm Is Very Anti-Porn". nymag.com. New York. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- Wilson, Eric (25 September 2013). "Olivier Zahm Brings Purple Jeans to Closed Label". nytimes.com. The New York Times. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "purple DIARY". Purple. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "Purple Anthology Written by Olivier Zahm and Elein Fleiss - Rizzoli New York - Rizzoli New York". Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- Jordan Hruska (30 May 2008). "Fine Print 'The Purple Anthology'". T Magazine Blog. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- Reardon, Ben (2010): Purple Reign. In: i-D, Pre-Spring 2010
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on November 23, 2008. Retrieved September 9, 2008.
- "Olivier Zahm, Échec de la solution fétichiste - La Règle du Jeu - Littérature, Philosophie, Politique, Arts". La Règle du Jeu. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "Olivier Zahm, De l'infidélité - La Règle du Jeu - Littérature, Philosophie, Politique, Arts". La Règle du Jeu. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "Olivier Zahm". Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "おまとめローン". purple-diary.com. Archived from the original on April 23, 2016. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "Fashion Shows: Fashion Week, Runway, Designer Collections - Vogue". Vogue. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "Graphic". Journal du Geek. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "The Man and the Brand: Olivier Zahm". Interview Magazine. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- Van Meter, William (10 February 2013). "Riding Around Paris With Olivier Zahm, Fashion's Most Libidinal Editor". nymag.com. New York. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- purple DIARY
- Purple’s website
- Olivier Zahm's profile at Jed Root
- Olivier Zahm on Sgustok Magazine
- Riding Around Paris With Olivier Zahm, Fashion’s Most Libidinal Editor
- Style.com's The Future of Fashion Part Four: Olivier Zahm
- Gawker – Meet Olivier Zahm: Either the Best or Worst Human Being in New York
- Black Book – Olivier Zahm Incarnates Magazine, Has Five Friends
- T Magazine – Asked & Answered | Olivier Zahm
- GQ – 10 Essentials | Olivier Zahm
- The Sunday Times – People Like Them | Olivier Zahm
- Artnet – ZAHM BAM!