|No. 99 – Hudson Valley Fort|
May 18, 1987 |
Staten Island, NY
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||298 lb (135 kg)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
Olong O. "Ollie" Ogbu (born May 18, 1987) is an American Football defensive end for the Hudson Valley Fort of the Fall Experimental Football League (FXFL). Before signing with the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2011, he was a team captain and four-year starter at Penn State.
At St. Joseph by the Sea High School, Ogbu’s speed and strength on the football field caught the attention of then Penn State assistant coach Brian Norwood, who recruited him to come to Penn State. He spent one year at Milford Academy, where he was named a PrepStar Magazine All-American.
Nicknamed "The Staten Island Ferry" by Penn State Head Coach Joe Paterno when he arrived on campus in 2006, Ogbu redshirted his freshman year. He played in every game of the 2007 season, and was the starter for four. He finished the season with 18 tackles, 10 tackles-for-loss, one sack, and one forced fumble. He was named to the Sporting News Freshman All-Big Ten team.
On October 3, 2012, the CFL's Montreal Alouettes announced his addition to their practice roster, although later in the season, he was added to the active roster and played in three games. He had 7 tackles and a fumble recovery in the three games.
- Seip, Jim (2008-11-02). "Persistence pays for PSU's Ogbu". York Daily Record. Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- Armas, Genaro C. (2009-09-17). "Up front on D, No. 5 Penn St. starts with big Os". Associated Press.
- "#85: Ollie Ogbu". Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics. Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- Rittenberg, Adam (2011-01-06). "Big Ten players filling Shrine Game roster". ESPN.
- "Five Former Nittany Lions Sign NFL Rookie Free Agent Contracts". Penn State Athletics. 2011-07-29.