|Comune di Ollolai|
|• Mayor||Efisio Arbau|
|• Total||27.24 km2 (10.52 sq mi)|
|Elevation||970 m (3,180 ft)|
|• Density||47/km2 (120/sq mi)|
|Demonym(s)||Ollolaesi (Ollolaèsos in Sardinian)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||St. Michael Archangel|
|Saint day||29 September|
It is the main town of the Barbagia di Ollolai.
Places of interest
The main square of the village was created in the early 20th century by diverting the stream that crossed it. Inside it lies a church dedicated to St. Michael the Archangel, which contains paintings by Carmelo Floris in the apse as well as a crucifix painted by Franco Bussu, an inhabitant of Ollolai. The oldest part of the church is a chapel dedicated to St. Bartholomew.
Near the town center, there is another church dedicated to Anthony of Padua, where the Feast of Saint Anthony is traditionally held along with a lighting of a bonfire.
In a valley surrounded by granite peaks lies a church dedicated to Basil of Caesarea, built by the Basilian monks and used, after the expulsion of the Basilians, by the Franciscans. The adjoining convent was built later.
The town is abundant in water features. The most famous is Gupunnio, the source of which is in the center of the village, and was recently renamed Regina Fontium. There is also the fountain of Su Sapunadorju, and a few hundred meters from the town, Su Puthu, which was once used as a watering hole.
- Michele Columbu, leader of the Sardinian Action Party (Sardinian nationalist party)
- Franco Columbu, two time Mr. Olympia
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, honorary citizen of Ollolai 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ollolai.|
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics from the Italian statistical institute (Istat)
- "Arnold Schwarzenegger cittadino onorario di Ollolai - Regione - la Nuova Sardegna". 30 July 2015.
|This Sardinia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|