|Original author(s)||Oleh Yuschuk|
2.01 / 27 September 2013
2.01h (beta 2) / 19 November 2012
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
OllyDbg (named after its author, Oleh Yuschuk) is an x86 debugger that emphasizes binary code analysis, which is useful when source code is not available. It traces registers, recognizes procedures, API calls, switches, tables, constants and strings, as well as locates routines from object files and libraries. It has a user friendly interface, and its functionality can be extended by third-party plugins. Version 1.10 is the final 1.x release. Version 2.0 was released in June 2010, and OllyDbg has been rewritten from the ground up in this release. The software is free of cost, but the shareware license requires users to register with the author. Although the current version of OllyDbg cannot disassemble binaries compiled for 64-bit processors, a 64-bit version of the debugger has been promised.
OllyDbg is often used for reverse engineering of programs. It is often used by crackers to crack software made by other developers. For cracking and reverse engineering, it is often the primary tool because of its ease of use and availability; any 32-bit executable can be used by the debugger and edited in bitcode/assembly in realtime. It is also useful for programmers to ensure that their program is running as intended, and for malware analysis purposes.
- Interactive Disassembler (IDA Pro)
- Cheat Engine
- Debuggers for reverse-engineering software
- Syser Debugger
- Syser Debugger by reversecode x32/x64 (reverse engineering & improvement)
- "Download". Archived from the original on 27 May 2012.
- "OllyDbg 2.01". Archived from the original on 27 May 2012.
- Eilam, Eldad (2005). Reversing: secrets of reverse engineering. Wiley. p. 118. ISBN 978-0-7645-7481-8. Retrieved 3 May 2011.
- Ferguson, Justin; Kaminsky, Dan (2008). Reverse engineering code with IDA Pro. Syngress. p. 130. ISBN 978-1-59749-237-9. Retrieved 3 May 2011.
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|