|Full name||Olsen Orekewa Filipaina|
|Born||23 April 1957|
|Weight||130 kg (20 st 7 lb)|
Filipaina started his career with the Mangere East Hawks in the Auckland Rugby League competition. He was named the best back in the competition in 1977 before winning the Rothville Trophy as player of the year in 1978. In 1979 he was both the top try-scorer and the top goal-kicker in the competition.
Filipaina moved to Sydney in 1980, joining the Balmain Tigers. He spent five seasons at the club, playing in 77 games and ammasing 225 points. After a one-year spell at the Eastern Suburbs Roosters in 1985 Filipaina played for two years with the North Sydney Bears. During his time in the NSWRL Premiership Filipaina claims he suffered from racial abuse and sledging.
Filipaina was first picked for the New Zealand Kiwis in 1977. In 1983 and again in 1985 he was picked for the Kiwis despite playing in the Sydney reserve grade competition, both times inspiring the side to defeats of Australia. He was named the man of the series in 1985.
Filipaina is the son of a Samoan boxer.
- FILIPAINA, Olsen Orekewa 1977 - 86 - Kiwi #529 nzleague.co.nz
- Racism ruined career: NZ league great 9 News, 3 May 2006
- YDH Feature: Olsen Filipaina rleague.com, 22 October 2008
- Warriors To Mark 30th Anniversary Of Auckland's Unique Grand Slam rleague.com, 19 August 2007
- Olsen the premier inspiration for picking Talau Sydney Morning Herald, 22 July 2003
- Umbers, Lee (4 July 2010). "Olsen bumps off racism over the Tasman". Sunday News. Retrieved 1 November 2011.
- Playing Records nzrl.co.nz
- John Coffey, Bernie Wood (2008). 100 years: Māori rugby league, 1908-2008. Huia Publishers. pp. 252–255. ISBN 9781869693312.
- Legends of League nzrl.co.nz
- Christian Party to Target South Ak Electorates scoop.co.nz, 17 October 2007
- Sons of legends step up The Daily Telegraph, 16 February 2007
- "League great's son on hijack charges". The New Zealand Herald. NZPA. 26 June 2006. Retrieved 1 November 2011.
- Police foil armoured van heist Sydney Morning Herald, 25 June 2006