|No. of offices||7|
|No. of lawyers||500+|
|Major practice areas||General practice|
|Key people||Paul Stevens  (CEO)|
Mark Devereux (Senior Partner)
Dirk Van Liedekerke
|Date founded||1981 (London)|
Olswang was an international law firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom and with additional offices in Reading, Brussels, Madrid, Paris, Singapore  and, since 2011, Munich. It worked closely with a network of firms across eighty countries. The Lawyer ranked the firm 22nd largest in the UK by worldwide turnover in 2010. That year, the firm had over 600 staff, including 97 partners. David Stewart was the firm's chief executive. On 1 May 2017, Olswang merged with CMS Cameron McKenna and Nabarro to form CMS Nabarro Olswang LLP.
The firm's main practice areas included media, technology, telecommunications, real estate, corporate, intellectual property, commercial litigation and arbitration, finance, leisure, tax, EU and competition, and employment.
Olswang was founded in 1981 by Simon Olswang and Mark Devereux, who was the firm's senior partner. as a breakaway from property law firm Brecher & Co. Its early reputation was primarily based on film and media work. The firm grew rapidly through the 1990s, developing more of a focus on technology as well as media. In common with other professional service firms, Olswang converted to a limited liability partnership status under English law with effect from 1 May 2009.
Main areas of practice
- Commercial litigation & arbitration
- EU & competition
- Intellectual property (IP)
- Life sciences
- Real estate
- "Olswang elects IP head Stevens as new CEO". TheLawyer. Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- "Olswang - Corporate Governance Our Board". Olswang website. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Olswang opens in Paris with partner hires from Dechert and local firm". Legalweek. Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- "Olswang gears up for Singapore launch". Legalweek. Retrieved 9 September 2011.
- Byrne, Matt. "Olswang opens Munich IP office | News". The Lawyer. Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- Joanne Harris (11 August 2011). "Olswang". Thelawyer.com. Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- "The Lawyer". The Lawyer. Archived from the original on 25 September 2011. Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- Byrne, Matt (10 March 2010). "Olswang elections end with Stewart as CEO | News". The Lawyer. Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- "Mark Devereux | MediaGuardian 100 2010 | Media". London: The Guardian. 16 July 2010. Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- "News | CMS, Nabarro and Olswang complete largest ever merger in UK legal sector | United Kingdom | CEE | International law firm CMS". cms.law. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- "Firms - Chambers Partners - Olswang". Chambersandpartners.com. 1 April 2011. Archived from the original on 4 August 2011. Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- "Olswang LLP | Key Facts". Olswang.com. 1 May 2009. Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- "Starting out strong - partners who founded their own firms". Legalweek. 29 September 2011. Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- Downey, Sarah. "A UK legal merger which makes sense': CMS, Olswang and Nabarro vote in favour of union". www.legalbusiness.co.uk. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- Cohen, Nick (26 May 2018). "The unsavoury alliance between oligarchs and London's top lawyers | Nick Cohen". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- Official website
- Olswang companies grouped at OpenCorporates
- Olswang's rankings in Chambers UK, Chambers Europe and the Chambers Student Guide