Location of Oltenița within Călărași County
|• Mayor||Petre Țone (PSD)|
|Time zone||EET/EEST (UTC+2/+3)|
|Source: Census data|
During World War I, the garrisons of Oltenița and Turtucaia engaged in numerous artillery skirmishes. The spot was also chosen by allied German and Bulgarian troops for their invasion of Romania. The subsequent Battle of Turtucaia ended in a significant defeat for the Romanian Army.
- Ion Iliescu, 2nd President of Romania (1989–96 and 2000–04)
- Alice Săvulescu, scientist, titular member of the Romanian Academy
- Ion Petre Stoican, violinist, a lăutar
- "Results of the 2016 local elections". Central Electoral Bureau. Retrieved 3 April 2020.
- "Populaţia stabilă pe judeţe, municipii, oraşe şi localităti componenete la RPL_2011" (in Romanian). National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Întărirea lui Neagoe Basarab, voievodul Ţării Româneşti, pentru Tatu ş.a." The Medieval Archive of Romania. Retrieved 2020-06-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oltenița.|
|This Călărași County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|