|Born||21 September 1960|
|Political party||All Progressives Congress (APC)|
|Alma mater||University of Ife|
Oluremi Tinubu (born 21 September 1960) is the former first Lady and currently a Senator of Lagos State. She is a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Early life and education
Oluremi Tinubu became the First Lady of Lagos State when her husband, Bola Tinubu, was elected as governor. As first lady, she established the New Era Foundation, dedicated to establishing centres for "all round development of young ones and promote public awareness on environmental health and community service."
When Tinubu was elected, it was challenged at the Legislative House Election Petition Tribunal -which would later convene and uphold the election in 2012.
Tinubu was one of over 100 senators elected in the 8th assembly in 2015. However, only six of these were women. The others were Stella Oduah and Uche Ekwunife, who both represent Anambra, Fatimat Raji Rasaki, Rose Okoji Oko and Binta Garba.
- "About Oluremi". Oluremi Tinubu. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "Foundations and NGOs: An engine for humanitarian goals or fraud?". National Mirror.
- "Tribunal upholds Tinubu's election". odili. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- The 6 female senators in 8th National Assembly, Naij,com, Retrieved 15 February 2016
- "It's a life of service — Remi Tinubu". The Vanguard. March 2, 2015. Retrieved August 30, 2015.