Saparmurat Turkmenbashi Olympic Stadium
|Record attendance||30,000 (Turkmenistan v Hong Kong, 18 November 2007)|
|Architect||AFL Architects / Arup|
|General contractor||Mensel JV Consulting & Contracting Inc.
Renovation by Polimeks.
|Turkmenistan national football team (2003-2011)|
Saparmurat Turkmenbashi Olympic Stadium (Turkmen: Saparmyrat Türkmenbaşy adyndaky Olimpiýa Stadiony) is a multi-purpose stadium in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan, that stood on the site now occupied by the New Olympic Stadium, which is being built from 2013 until 2017.
The stadium holds 30,000 people and was built in 2003. Despite the use of the name "Olympic Stadium" the facility was neither built as part of a bid to host the Olympic Games, nor has it been used in such games.
In 2007 government decided to reconstruct the stadium and to enlarge it. The new arena will hold up to 45,000 people. The stadium closed in 2012, and was partially demolished in 2013 for redevelopment.
- Turkmenistan 3 – 0 Hong Kong
- Olympia Stadion Ashkhabat
- Ashgabat Olympic Stadium
- Turkmenistan - Indonesia
- New design: Olympic Stadium resembling… a horse
- Infos on tourism-sport.gov.tm
- Olimpiýa taýýarlyk: Çykdajylar we ýerliklilik
- "Olympic" stadium is being dismantled in Ashgabat
- "video of Maral performing at Ashgabat Olympic Stadium". Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "OCA signs host agreement with Turkmenistan". 19 December 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ashgabat Olympic Stadium.|
|This article about a Turkmenistani sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|