|Alma mater||Syracuse University, New York|
|Occupation||Film writer, Film director & Producer|
Om Raut is an Indian film director, writer, and producer who works in Hindi and Marathi cinema. He received numerous awards for his 2015 Marathi film Lokmanya: Ek Yug Purush. Raut is currently working on his historical film Adipurush, an adaptation of the Ramayana starring Prabhas.
Life and career
Raut was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India to his mother Neena—a television producer, and father Bharatkumar—a senior journalist, well known author & successful Rajya Sabha member. Raut's grandfather J. S. Bandekar (1925–2017) was a documentary filmmaker & editor.
After work as a child artist in several theatre plays and ad films, Raut's feature film acting debut came with a lead role in Karamati Coat in 1993. He did post-graduate degree in films from Syracuse University in New York City, and also holds a bachelor degree in Electronics Engineering from Shah & Anchor College of Engineering in Mumbai.
After completing his education, Raut worked as a writer & director for MTV Networks, NY. He moved back to India and later became the creative head of DAR Motion Pictures, before he produced City of Gold and Haunted – 3D.
Raut's directorial debut was the Marathi film Lokmanya: Ek Yug Purush (2015), the first production of Neena Raut Films, which he had co-founded with his mother. It earned him the Filmfare Award for Best Debut Director. The 2020 Hindi period action film Tanhaji, marked the first Hindi directorial venture of Raut. His next film is Adipurush starring Prabhas and Saif Ali Khan which is set to release on August 11, 2022.
|2010||City Of Gold||Hindi Marathi||Yes|
|2011||Haunted - 3D||Hindi||Yes||
|2015||Lokmanya: Ek Yug Purush||Marathi||Yes||Yes||Yes||
- Filmfare Award 2016: Best Debut Director for Lokmanya: Ek Yug Purush
- 52nd Maharashtra State Awards 2015: Best Director for Lokmanya: Ek Yug Purush
- 66th Filmfare Awards 2021: Best Director for Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior
- "Winners of the Karrm Filmfare Awards (Marathi)". filmfare.com. Retrieved 3 February 2020.
- "Om Raut biography". in.bookmyshow.com.
- "'Tanhaji — The Unsung Warrior' is a well-crafted Bollywood extravaganza". Daily Times. 17 January 2020. Retrieved 4 February 2020.
- www.exchange4media.com. "Neena Raut". Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "Endemol appoints Neena Raut as Regional creative head - Businessofcinema.com". businessofcinema.com. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "Karamati Coat". www.childrensfilmsouthasia.org. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- "Om had a successful stint in US - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- "City-of-Gold - Cast, Crew, Director and Awards - NYTimes.com". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. 2016. Archived from the original on 7 March 2016. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "Detailed Profile - Dr. Bharatkumar Raut - Members of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) - Who's Who - Government: National Portal of India". www.archive.india.gov.in (in Hindi). Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "Om Raut - Vice President-Creative Business Development at Valuable Group of Cos". Relationship Science. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "Karamati Coat". childrensfilmsouthasia.org. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- "1.3 cr spent on Lokmanya's visual effects - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- "Lokmanya: Ek Yugpurush". London Asian Film Festival. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- "Lokmanya - Ek Yugpurush Movie Review, Trailer, & Show timings at Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- "Taanaji First Look: Ajay Devgn Stars As Legendary Maratha Warrior". NDTV.com. Retrieved 30 July 2017.
- Scroll Staff. "Ajay Devgn to play Tanaji Malusare in upcoming biopic". Scroll.in. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- "Baahubali Prabhas's next film is Adipurush". indiatoday.in. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- ""Om Raut" got Best Director Debut Award (Marathi Filmfare 2016) for "Lokmanya: Ek Yug Purush"". CityGossiper.com. 30 November 2016. Retrieved 19 December 2016.
- "Filmfare Marathi: Nominations are out - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 July 2017.