Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Omar or umar in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Omar (also spelled Omer or Umar) is a given name of Arabic origin that may refer to:
- Omar (name), people with the given name or surname Omar, Omer, Umar, or Umer
- Omar Lye-Fook (born 1968), British soul singer known professionally as Omar
- Ilhan Omar, an American politician serving as the U.S. Representative for Minnesota's 5th congressional district.
- Omar, Bushehr, a village in Bushehr Province, Iran
- Omar, Konar, a village in Afghanistan
- Omar, Sulu, a municipality in the Philippines
- Great Mosque of Gaza, alternatively named al-Omari in honor of Omar ibn al-Khattab
- Omar, Delaware, an unincorporated community
- Omar, Ohio, an unincorporated community
- Omar, West Virginia, a census-designated place
Arts, entertainment, and media
- Omar Isaiah Betts, nicknamed "Snot Boogie", the murder victim featured in the pilot episode of The Wire, titled "The Target"
- Omar Little, a fictional stick-up man who robs drug dealers on the HBO drama series The Wire, portrayed by Michael K. Williams. Omar is also the first name of the murder victim in season 1, nicknamed "Snotboggie"
- The Omar, a society of cyborgs in the computer game Deus Ex: Invisible War
- Umar (Marvel Comics), the other-dimensional mother-in-law of Doctor Strange in the Marvel Universe
Other uses in arts, entertainment, and media
- Omar (album), album by Don Omar
- Omar (TV series), a 2012 historical television series on MBC
- Umar Marvi, a Sindhi love story
- Omar (candy), a Finnish confectionery brand
- ASM-N-6 Omar, a U.S. Navy air-to-surface missile
- Hurricane Omar (2008), a 2008 Atlantic hurricane
- Omarolluk, a feature sometimes found in sedimentary rocks
- Organization for Mine Clearance and Afghan Rehabilitation, a charitable non-governmental organisation
- Pact of Umar (c. 717 AD), an edict of the caliph Umar ibn AbdulAziz concerning dhimmi
- Umar Khel, a division of the Pashtun tribe Kakazai
- Omagh, the county town of County Tyrone in Northern Ireland
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Omar.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.