||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
|Born||Omar M. Gooding
October 19, 1976
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Other names||Big O|
|Parent(s)||Cuba Gooding, Sr.
|Relatives||Cuba Gooding, Jr. (brother)|
Early life and education
Omar M. Gooding was born in Los Angeles, California, on October 19, 1976, to Shirley (née Sullivan) and Cuba Gooding, Sr. He has an older brother, actor Cuba Gooding, Jr. He also has a son, Bradley Gooding. He attended North Hollywood High School in North Hollywood.
Gooding is best known for appearing in television shows, such as Hangin' with Mr. Cooper, Smart Guy, and Playmakers, and also the films Ghost Dad and Baby Boy for which he received critical praise for his role as "Sweatpea". He was one of the original hosts of the Nickelodeon television show Wild & Crazy Kids from 1990 to 1992. Gooding played D.H., a running back, on Playmakers in 2003. He played the character Odell in the 3rd season of Deadwood. In 2005, he took the role of Calvin Palmer, Jr. in the television series Barbershop (filling in for Ice Cube), based upon the 2002 film of the same name. Coincidentally, he also appeared on the UPN sitcom One on One as a barber in Flex Washington's barbershop. Gooding also appeared in the Grey's Anatomy episode "Superfreak".
Recently, he premiered and starred in the first season of Family Time, a television series for the Bounce TV network that is also shown on TV One. This is another show created by Bentley Kyle Evans. Gooding plays a comedic father name Anthony Stallworth, alongside Angell Conwell, who plays Mrs. Stallworth. Currently, the series has televised 6 episodes.
Gooding played a main role as Carter in Percentage.
The Gospel (2005)
The Devil's Dozen (2013)
Percentage (2013)
(featuring Young Buck & Big O)
- According to the State of California. California Birth Index, 1905-1995. Center for Health Statistics, California Department of Health Services, Sacramento, California. Searchable at http://www.familytreelegends.com/records/39461
- Omar Gooding TV Guide bio and news.
- Omar Gooding Pursues Rap. March 15, 2010. Accessed 17 April 2012
- "Omar Gooding Arrested -- 'Wild & Crazy Kids' Host Popped for DUI". http://www.tmz.com. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- Omar Gooding Film Bug. Accessed 16 April 2012
- Daniel Frankel (January 7, 2010). "Bruckheimer Drama 'Miami Medical' Highlights CBS Spring Schedule". AOL TV News. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- Steve Heisler (April 2, 2010). "Remember Omar Gooding? He's Now On Miami Medical". TV.com. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- Omar Gooding at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview with Omar Gooding about his rapping career
- Omar "BigO" Gooding MySpace, Photos, HipHop tracks,
- Omar Gooding Twitter account