Jump to navigation Jump to search
|District||New Plymouth District|
The area was the site of the Omata Stockade, built to house soldiers during tensions at the time of the First Taranaki War in 1860–61, and is near the site of the Battle of Waireka on 28 March 1860.
- "Place name detail: Omata". New Zealand Gazetteer. Land Information New Zealand. Retrieved 30 October 2007.
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004). Reed New Zealand Atlas. Reed Books. pp. map 34. ISBN 0-7900-0952-8.
- Roger Smith, GeographX (2005). The Geographic Atlas of New Zealand. Robbie Burton. pp. map 84. ISBN 1-877333-20-4.
- Quickstats about Omata
- "The New Zealand Wars" by James Cowan, 1922, chapter 19.
- "Te Kete Ipurangi - Omata School". Ministry of Education.[permanent dead link]
- "Jubilees & reunions: Omata-Hurford School 150th Jubilee". Education Gazette New Zealand. 81 (20). 4 November 2002.[dead link]
|This Taranaki geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|