Omega Phi Chi
|Omega Phi Chi Multicultural Sorority|
November 9, 1988|
Destroying All Boundaries. Uniting All Races. Omega Phi Chi. We Dare To Be Different.
Preserving the Past. Cultivating the Present. Building the Future. Omega Phi Chi.We Dare to Be Different.
|Slogan||Diversity at its Finest®|
|Colors||Perfect Pink & Onyx Black|
|Flower||Ladies Pink Slipper also known as Moccasin|
New Brunswick, NJ|
Omega Phi Chi Multicultural Sorority, Inc. (ΩΦΧ) is a national multicultural sorority that was established on November 9, 1988 at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey by eight women of Asian, African American, and Latina descent.
The founders of Omega Phi Chi were a group of eight women who felt the need to establish a multicultural organization on the campus of Rutgers University - New Brunswick that spoke to their needs across diverse backgrounds, distinct cultural roots, and the empowerment of the female culture. They came together to found a multicultural sorority; a different type of organization that would not be categorized by ethnicity, creed or culture. Since its inception, it has grown to include over 95 different nationalities and has started 24 chapters in New Jersey, New York, Florida, Arizona, Texas, Indiana, and California.
The purpose of Omega Phi Chi is to create a unity among all women and promote ethnic diversity by integrating women of all boundaries and cultures. Omega Phi Chi's concept of sisterhood are love, honesty, loyalty, responsibility of one another, and mutual respect. The main objectives of this organization are academic excellence and involvement in community affairs. In addition, Omega Phi Chi prides themselves in promoting professionalism.
- Colors: Perfect Pink and Onyx Black
- Mascot: Black Panther
- Flower: Lady's Pink Slipper known as Moccasin
- Stone: Black Onyx
- Core Values: Academic Excellence and Involvement in Community Affairs
- We Step and We Stroll
"Destroying All Boundaries. Uniting All Races. Omega Phi Chi. We Dare to Be Different."
"Preserving the Past, Cultivating the Present, Building the Future, Omega Phi Chi, We Dare To Be Different"
- Alpha Chapter - Rutgers University - New Brunswick
- Beta Chapter - Rider University
- Gamma Chapter - New Jersey City University
- Delta Chapter - South Orange, New Jersey
- Epsilon Chapter - William Patterson University
- Zeta Chapter - The College of New Jersey
- Eta Chapter - Ramapo College of New Jersey
- Theta Chapter - Kean University
- Iota Chapter - State University of New York at New Paltz
- Kappa Chapter - Barry University
- Lambda Chapter - Arizona State University
- Mu Chapter - Montclair State University
- Nu Chapter - Rutgers University - Newark
- Xi Chapter - Florida International University
- Omicron Chapter - Fairleigh Dickinson University - Teaneck
- Pi Chapter - Sam Houston State University
- Rho Chapter - California State University - Dominguez Hills
- Sigma Chapter - State University of New York - College at Buffalo
- Tau Chapter - Hofstra University
- Upsilon Chapter - Purdue University
- Phi Chapter - Felician University
- Chi Chapter - New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Psi Chapter - Fairleigh Dickinson University - Florham
- Alpha Alpha Chapter - Rutgers University - Camden
|This article about a fraternity or sorority is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|