From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Epoch J2000.0 Equinox J2000.0 (ICRS)
|Right ascension||19h 55m 50.3577s|
|Declination||−26° 17′ 58.223″|
|Apparent magnitude (V)||4.70|
|U−B color index||+0.32|
|B−V color index||+0.75|
|R−I color index||+0.37|
|Radial velocity (Rv)||−21.0 ± 0.9 km/s|
|Proper motion (μ)||RA: 203.96 mas/yr
Dec.: 74.40 mas/yr
|Parallax (π)||42.03 ± 0.94 mas|
|Distance||78 ± 2 ly
(23.8 ± 0.5 pc)
|Absolute magnitude (MV)||2.82|
|Metallicity||[Fe/H] = 0.00|
|Rotational velocity (v sin i)||2 km/s|
|Age||2.9 (2.8 to 3.0) × 109 years|
Name and etymology
- This star, together with :
- 60 Sgr, 62 Sgr and 59 Sgr, consisting the asterism Terebellum According to the catalogue of stars in the Technical Memorandum 33-507 - A Reduced Star Catalog Containing 537 Named Stars, Terebellum was originally the title for four stars: ω Sgr as Terebellum I, 59 Sgr as Terebellum II, 60 Sgr as Terebellum III and 62 Sgr as Terebellum IV .
- ν Sgr, ψ Sgr, τ Sgr, 60 Sgr and ζ Sgr were Al Udḥiyy, the Ostrich's Nest.
- In Chinese, 狗國 (Gǒu Guó), meaning Dog Territory, refers to an asterism consisting of ω Sagittarii, 60 Sgr, 62 Sgr and 59 Sgr. Consequently, ω Sagittarii itself is known as 狗國一 (Gǒu Guó yī, English: the First Star of Dog Territory.)
- LTT 7872 -- High proper-motion Star, database entry, SIMBAD. Accessed on line November 19, 2009.
- HR 7597, database entry, The Bright Star Catalogue, 5th Revised Ed. (Preliminary Version), D. Hoffleit and W. H. Warren, Jr., CDS ID V/50. Accessed on line November 19, 2009.
- From apparent magnitude and parallax.
- HD 188376, database entry, Catalog of Apparent Diameters and Absolute Radii of Stars (CADARS), 3rd edition, L. E. Pasinetti-Fracassini, L. Pastori, S. Covino, and A. Pozzi, CDS ID II/224. Accessed on line November 19, 2009.
- HD 188376, database entry, The Geneva-Copenhagen Survey of Solar neighbourhood, J. Holmberg et al., 2007, CDS ID V/117A. Accessed on line November 19, 2009.
- Allen, R. H. (1963). Star Names: Their Lore and Meaning (Reprint ed.). New York: Dover Publications Inc. p. 355. ISBN 0-486-21079-0. Retrieved 2012-09-04.
- Jack W. Rhoads - Technical Memorandum 33-507-A Reduced Star Catalog Containing 537 Named Stars, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology; November 15, 1971
- (Chinese) AEEA (Activities of Exhibition and Education in Astronomy) 天文教育資訊網 2006 年 7 月 2 日
|This subgiant-star-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|