October 22, 1993 |
|Origin||Mishmar HaShiva, Israel|
|Years active||2009 – present|
Omer Adam (Hebrew: עומר אדם; born October 22, 1993) is an Israeli singer. His music fuses elements of eastern "Mizrahi" (Oriental-Middle Eastern) and Western pop instrumentation. In 2009, he participated in the seventh season of Kokhav Nolad (in Hebrewכוכב נולד), a popular Idol series show in Israel, but was disqualified because of controversy regarding his age at time of application. Despite this, Adam has continued to enjoy great popularity, releasing his debut album in 2010, and releasing a number of successful singles as well.
In Kokhav Nolad
In season 7 of the Kokhav Nolad show, Omer Adam sang the following songs:
- Audition: "Aba" (Father) from Shlomi Shabat
- Week 1 (29 June 2009): "Isha ne'emana" (A loyal woman) from Yishai Levi
- Week 2 (5 July 2009): "Tza'ir lanetsakh" (Forever young) from Rami Kleinstein
- Week 3 (12–13 June 2009): "Niguna shel hashkhuna" (The neighborhood's song) from Izhar Cohen (as a duo with Moran Mazuz)
- Week 4 (19 July 2009): "Ma hu ose la" (What does he do to her) from HaGashash HaHiver (as a trio with Re'em Cohen and Hovi Star)
- Week 4 (20 July 2009): "Marlene" from Zohar Argov (originally by Enrico Macias)
- Week 5 (26 July 2009): "Yak'had" (Together) from Kobi Peretz & Ishtar) (as a duo with Vladi Blayberg)
- Week 5 (27 July 2009): "Mima'amkim" (From the depths) from Idan Raichel's Project
- Week 6 (2 August 2009): "Aba" (Father) from Shlomi Shabat
- Week 6 (3 August 2009): "At Vaani" (You and I) from Shlomo Artzi
As a result of his performances in week 6, initially the judges classified him as 3rd of 9 for his "Aba" performance, and 4th of 8 for his "At Vaani" performance.
However controversy broke, when a blogger Omri Hayon and Ynet online news service revealed that Adam was just 15 years and 7 months when he applied. The minimum age for applying for the show is 16 years. Adam admitted that the allegation was correct, and withdrew from the competition mid-way through the season. Zvika Hadar, host of the show, responded by saying: "The important thing is that Omer realized his mistake, apologized and took the right decision. Our role is to provide equal admission to all contestants, we cannot compromise on this case. Many candidates who came for auditions were rejected because of their age." Adam's disqualification was announced officially on August 5, 2009, despite him being one of the favorites to reach the final.
Adam enjoyed great popularity and sympathy from the public despite his elimination from Kokhav Nolad, particularly as he engaged in a tour all around Israel giving more than 150 performances in less than a year. In late 2009 he released his debut single, called "להיאבד ברוח" ("Lost spirit"). He followed it up in July 2010 with "חוזה בנשמה" which became the theme song for the television show "חתונת השנה" (in English, "Wedding of the Year") on Israel's Channel 2 station.
The greatly awaited album came in December 2010, entitled נמס ממך ("Melting because of you"), including the already released singles in addition to new songs including "נעתי בתוך מעגל" ("I moved in a circle"), "בלילה קר" ("Cold night"), and "לא תדעי דמעה" ("Know a tear"). He also included some remixed versions of his songs.
In 2011, he released his second album "מאושרת" ("Happy"). In March 2011 the first hit from the new album was released entitled ""בניתי עלייך", followed by "קסם" ("Magic") as a duet with Itzik Kalla (in Hebrew איציק קלה). In May 2011 came his hit "מליון נשיקות" ("Million kisses"), with immense online success, followed by "קרוב אלייך" ("Close to you").
On 29 January 2012, he released his second album ילד טוב ילד רע (meaning "Good boy, bad boy"). The first single from the album was "אל תחפשי", followed by "Meusheret" ("מאושרת") and "Baniti Alayich" ("בניתי עלייך"). He also appeared on a reality television show הסוכנים on the HOT Israeli Entertainment channel (in Hebrew, הוט בידור ישראלי).
In August 2015 he released his fourth album "I thank" (מודה אני), which became very popular very soon after its release.
- 2010: Melting because of you | נמס ממך
- 2012: Good Boy Bad Boy | ילד טוב ילד רע
- 2013: Music and Silence | מוזיקה ושקט
- 2015: Mode Ani | מודה אני
|This section needs expansion with: more singles. You can help by adding to it. (March 2012)|
- 2010: "להיאבד ברוח"
- Milion Neshikot
- Met Lehabek Otah
- 2010: "חוזה בנשמה"
- 2014: Mahapecha Shel Simcha
- Omer Adam audition performance singing "Aba" from Shlomi Shabat
- nrg.co.il: עומר אדם התפוטר מ כוכב נולד (in Hebrew)
- Interview by Avi Shoshan on Xnet: עומר אדם עושה היסטוריה (in Hebrew)
- Ynet: עומר אדם פרש מ כוכב נולד (in Hebrew)
- Ynet: האדם העליון: עומר אדם כבש את קיסריה (in Hebrew)
- Walla: להיות אדם: עומר אדם בא מוכן להופעת הבכורה בקיסריה (in Hebrew)
- "Maccabiah marriage: A surprise proposal turned surprise wedding," The Jerusalem Post.