October 22, 1993 |
|Origin||Mishmar HaShiva, Israel|
|Genres||Pop, Eastern (Oriental) music, Mizrahi|
|Years active||2009 – present|
Omer Adam (Hebrew: עומר אדם; born October 22, 1993) is an Israeli singer. His music fuses elements of eastern "Mizrahi" (Oriental- Middle eastern) and western pop instrumentation. In 2009, he participated in the seventh season of Kokhav Nolad (in Hebrew כוכב נולד), a popular Idol series show in Israel, but disqualified because of controversy about his true age at time of application. Despite this, Omer Adam has continued to enjoy great popularity releasing his debut album in 2010 with a number of successful singles as well.
In Kokhav Nolad
In season 7 of the Kokhav Nolad show, Omer Adam sang the following songs:
- Audition: "Aba" (Father) from Shlomi Shabat
- Week 1 (29 June 2009): "Isha ne'emana" (A loyal woman) from Yishai Levi
- Week 2 (5 July 2009): "Tza'ir lanetsakh" (Forever young) from Rami Kleinstein
- Week 3 (12–13 June 2009): "Niguna shel hashkhuna" (The neighborhood's song) from Izhar Cohen (as a duo with Moran Mazuz)
- Week 4 (19 July 2009): "Ma hu ose la" (What does he do to her) from HaGashash HaHiver (as a trio with Re'em Cohen and Hovi Sekulets)
- Week 4 (20 July 2009): "Marlene" from Zohar Argov (originally by Enrico Macias)
- Week 5 (26 July 2009): "Yak'had" (Together) from Kobi Peretz & Ishtar) (as a duo with Vladi Blayberg)
- Week 5 (27 July 2009): "Mima'amkim" (From the depths) from Idan Raichel's Project
- Week 6 (2 August 2009): "Aba" (Father) from Shlomi Shabat
- Week 6 (3 August 2009): "At Vaani" (You and I) from Shlomo Artzi
As a result of the performances in week 6, initially the judges classified him as 3rd of 9 for his "Aba" performance and 4th of 8 for his "At Vaani" performance.
However controversy broke, when a blogger Omri Hayon and Ynet online news service revealed that Omer was just 15 years and 7 months when he applied. The minimum age for applying for the show is 16 years. Omer Adam admitted that the allegation was correct and withdrew from the competition mid-way through the season. Zvika Hadar, host of the show responded by saying: "The important thing is that Omer realized his mistake, apologized and took the right decision. Our role is to provide equal admission to all contestant we cannot compromise on this case. Many candidates who came for auditions were rejected because of their age." Omer Adam's disqualification was announced officially on August 5, 2009, despite him being one of the favorites to reach the final.
Omer Adam enjoyed great popularity and sympathy from the public despite his elimination from Kokhav Nolad particularly as he engaged in a tour all around Israel giving more than 150 performances in less than a year. In late 2009 he released his debut single called "להיאבד ברוח" (Lost spirit). He followed it up in July 2010 "חוזה בנשמה" that became the theme song for the television show "חתונת השנה" (in English "Wedding of the Year") on Israeli Channel 2 station.
The greatly awaited album came in December 2010 entitled נמס ממך ("Melting because of you") including the already released singles in addition to new songs including "נעתי בתוך מעגל" ("I moved in a circle"), "בלילה קר" ("cold night") and "לא תדעי דמעה" ("know a tear"). He also included some remixed versions of his songs.
In 2011, he released his second album "מאושרת" ("Happy"). In March 2011 the first hit from the new album was released entitled ""בניתי עלייך" followed by "קסם" ("Magic") as a duet with Itzik Kalla (in Hebrew איציק קלה). In May 2011 came his hit "מליון נשיקות" ("Million kisses") with immense online success, followed by "קרוב אלייך" ("Close to you").
On 29 January 2012, he released his second album ילד טוב ילד רע (meaning Good boy, bad boy). The first single from the album was "אל תחפשי" followed by "Meusheret" ("מאושרת") and "Baniti Alayich" ("בניתי עלייך"). He also appeared on a reality television show הסוכנים on the HOT Israeli Entertainment channel (in Hebrew הוט בידור ישראלי).
In August 2015 he released his fourth album "I thank" מודה אני which became very popular very soon after its release.
- 2010: Names Mimeh (in Hebrew נמס ממך)
- 2012: (in Hebrew ילד טוב ילד רע)
- 2013: Muzica VeSheket (in Hebrew מוזיקה ושקט)
- 2015 מודה אני
|This section requires expansion with: more singles. (March 2012)|
- 2010: "להיאבד ברוח"
- Milion Neshikot
- Met Lehabek Otah
- 2010: "חוזה בנשמה"
- 2014: Mapecha Shel Simcha
- Omer Adam audition performance singing "Aba" from Shlomi Shabat
- nrg.co.il: עומר אדם התפוטר מ כוכב נולד (in Hebrew)
- Interview by Avi Shoshan on Xnet: עומר אדם עושה היסטוריה (in Hebrew)
- Ynet: עומר אדם פרש מ כוכב נולד (in Hebrew)
- Ynet: האדם העליון: עומר אדם כבש את קיסריה (in Hebrew)
- Walla: להיות אדם: עומר אדם בא מוכן להופעת הבכורה בקיסריה (in Hebrew)