A graduate of the University of Sarajevo with a degree in industrial design, Halilhodžić is currently the newest member of the famous designer team of Ferrari. Before that he was the exterior chief designer for the European styling centre of Mercedes-Benz, based in Germany. He moved to Mercedes-Benz in January 2008 after working for Mitsubishi Motors since 1995; he was previously employed at Volkswagen since 1991.
He was responsible for the styling of the 2004 Mitsubishi Colt, and the concept cars which preceded it: CZ2, CZ3, CZ3 cabriolet, and CZT. He has since penned the Mitsubishi Concept Sportback, and the Mitsubishi Concept X, which presages the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X production car.
- "Japanese icons reborn: new Evo X & new Skyline GT-R", Ben Oliver, Car Magazine, December 2005
- "Najprodavanije vozilo", B. Šišić, avaz.ba, 18 November 2006
- "Omer Halilhodzic, Mitsubishi", Jens Meiners, Automotive News, 29 May 2006
- "Bosanac će dizajnirati Mercedese", Marko Đurić, Danijel Tomičić, autoklub.hr, 17 December 2007
- "Mitsubishi's Lancer Concept Sportsback debuts at the 2007 Melbourne International Motor Show", Mitsubishi Motors Australia press release, 2 March 2007
- "Mitsubishi Concept-X Exterior Design Story" Archived 2012-03-22 at the Wayback Machine, Mitsubishi Motors Technology Review 2006, no.18, pp.134–135
|This Bosnia and Herzegovina biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|