|County||Primorje-Gorski Kotar County|
|• Mayor||Mirela Ahmetović (SDP)|
|• City Council|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Omišalj (Italian: Castel Muschio; German: Moschau) is a coastal municipality in the north-west of the island of Krk in Croatia. The population of Omišalj itself is 1,868 (2011), while the municipality also includes the nearby village of Njivice, bringing the total up to 2,983 people. Omišalj is best known in modern times for hosting the Rijeka Airport as well as Port of Rijeka oil terminal.
Omišalj is located close to one of the oldest settlements on Krk, dating from the 1st century, when it was built by the Romans and named Fulfinum. The town was built on the cliff overlooking the bay of Kvarner, some 80 meters above sea level. It is the site of an early Christian basilica. The town was referred to in the 12th century as "Castri musculi": this is from the Latin Ad musculi meaning "the place of shells".
- "Konačni rezultati izbora" (PDF) (in Croatian). Retrieved 7 Jun 2017.
- "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: Omišalj". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- "Terminals – Liquid Cargo Terminal". Port of Rijeka Authority. Retrieved August 26, 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "DINA – Petrokemija d.d., Omišalj". DIOKI d.d. Retrieved August 26, 2011.
- "The Omišalj Port and Terminal". Jadranski naftovod. Retrieved August 26, 2011.
- TY - JOUR AU - Konestra, Ana PY - 2015/12/01 SP - 147 EP - 214 T1 - Pottery from the Forum of Municipium Flavium Fulfinum (Krk island, Croatia) -research between 2007 and 2013 VL - 32 JO - Prilozi Instituta za Arheologiju ER -
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Omišalj.|
- Official website
|This Primorje-Gorski Kotar County geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|