OmniROM 6.0.1 screenshot
|Written in||C (core), C++ (some third party libraries), Java (UI)|
|OS family||Embedded operating system (Linux/Android)|
|Source model||Open source|
|Latest release||8.1.0 Oreo|
|Marketing target||Firmware replacement for Android mobile devices|
|Kernel type||Monolithic (Linux kernel)|
Free software licenses:|
Apache License 2.0 and GNU GPLv2
OmniROM was founded in reaction to the commercialisation of ROM project CyanogenMod. At launch, the project provided custom firmware based on Android Jelly Bean, and they moved to Android KitKat shortly after its release. Their KitKat firmware included support for the Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (2012), LG Optimus G, Galaxy S2, HTC One (2013), Oppo Find 5, Sony Xperia T, Acer Iconia A500, HTC Explorer and Lenovo A6000.
In June 2015, the project started to release nightly builds based on Android 5.1.1 for the Asus Transformer Pad, Asus Transformer Pad Infinity, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Oppo Find 7/7a, OnePlus One, Sony Xperia Z and Sony Xperia ZL.
- Linder, Brad (October 13, 2013). "Coming soon: OmniROM "open ROM" for Android devices". Liliputing. Retrieved November 14, 2013.
- Ray, Bill (October 16, 2013). "All cool kids' phones run ALTERNATIVE alternative custom Android ROM". The Register. Retrieved November 14, 2013.
- "Of Jelly Beans and KitKats". OmniROM. November 2, 2013. Retrieved December 30, 2016.
- Smith, Chris (November 10, 2013). "Android 4.4 KitKat plans for AOKP, CyanogenMod, OmniROM and Paranoid Android detailed". Android Authority. Retrieved November 14, 2013.
- Agomuoh, Fionna (November 13, 2013). "Android 4.4 KitKat Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Gets OmniROM Update And ROM Release Rundown". International Business Times. Retrieved November 18, 2013.
- "We Have Lift-off! 5.1.1 Lollipop Nightlies Begin!". OmniROM. June 21, 2015. Retrieved December 30, 2016.
- "Omni December 2016 Updates". OmniROM. December 20, 2016. Retrieved December 30, 2016.
- Official website
- Official GitHub
- Comparison table of compatibility with Android alternatives (Catalan)
|This free-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|